Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recruiting for making a shortfilm

Lightbulb Recruiting for making a shortfilm

For the past 5 or so months, I have been, on and off, working on the story, storyboard, models, and animations for a short film with the working title: "Porks"

Porks is a very ambitious project set in my universe, the Scyan Alliance Universe.
    The main characters are two alien Portculot smugglers who are being constantly tracked down by the police. Their current smuggling job is to smuggle the illegal "Holocards". They are harassed by local and galactic law enforcement as they move across the galaxy, having to deal with angry employers if they cannot get their shipments on time.

I could eventually do this by myself, but I am still sort of new at lightwave and it would take a very long time so I am looking for people who have a little bit of extra time on their hands--or don't but love to make movies anyway like me.

What I need:

Modelers ----- this is what I need most because I will have some scenes with a very large amount of spaceships which will all need to be modeled. as well as things like cities.

Scene layout designers ---- to set up the scene.

Animators ----- for right now this will be mostly background animation, such as spaceships moving slowly over buildings or moving in convoy.

Composers ---- to make music.

Sound Effects Designers ---- to make sound effects

This is not a very formal project, just sort of a hobby, and practice for aspiring animators perhaps. If you join the team, you may step out at any time. I am still in the busy time of being in school and I may have to put on hold or even cancel this project, so be aware of that. If the first movie is successful we may make sequels.

Generally about the Animation:

This animation is not going to be super-realistic looking and may even be slightly stylized-ish, so I won't be needing super-high-poly spaceships and such with 150 UV maps--Just decent-looking stuff.

Everyone who takes part in the film will be mentioned in the credits.

So if anyone wants to join the team, please pm me.

if you have questions please post them here.

P.S. ---- I don't know, but if this is in some way illegal according to newtek forum's moderation policy, the admins can delete this, but can you tell me what's wrong so i know? I don't think anything is wrong, after reading the rules, but you never know.

if you want, you can just contribute a few models or something because even that would be a help.

Hello, I'm more a new memeber but I would like to help!
    Pm me with something you need and I'll 'try' to get something out, but don't expect anything that looks all that great.

At the very bottom of the page there is a Job board, though I know this is not a laying job, just mentioning it FYI. Good luck with your project.

FYI--Be careful on how much info you let out about your film. In a forum like this, or anywhere else for that matter. I've been burned before, just recently as a matter of fact, by sharing my visions with others. Especially if you don't have the resources, or man and/or woman power to DIY.

tHREEL, but you can call me AL.

alright, i'll be careful. I just want to make it very clear that this is not an official film for making money or anything. it is only a hobby film, as I've said before, that can be regarded as practice for students and such and maybe just for fun for hobbyists. I will show it on my site and youtube when completed and I might post it on deviant arts or something to share it with others.
    every one who helps will get a line in the credits.

Bottom line:
    It's just a free film for fun.

P.S. what exactly did you get in trouble for again?

and because we cannot edit our messages for very long, I am forced to add this in another post:

You don't really have to think about it as joining a team, maybe just contributing because they are no obligations or anything, you could just contribute a few models and then a few months later contribute a few more models.
    basically there's no real obligation.

sorry if i'm repeating myself.

Can you PM me? I've built a few spaceship models that aren't being used anywhere. I'd love to help out on the project a bit. I'm a student as well so I'm in the same boat you are.
    visual effect/mograph artist
    Cinema 4D | Lightwave v9.6 | modo 401 | Maestro 2 | Kray 1.7
    MacBook Pro C2D 3 GB

hey thanks! I'll send a pm telling what I need right now. (other than someone to do my school for me)

I just posted a big ship under another post:

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77134
    shrox www.shrox.com
    -----------------------
    Heavy Metal Landing

-----------------------
    I build the best spaceships, the biggest spaceships, they're great, you'll love them.

thanks shrox

here's a few preview shots.

Here's some more shots.

lol. i like the futuristic OS you got there.

it may not be ''futuristic'' but currently i don't see anyone else stepping up to replace windows anytime ever.

and good luck on the sci fi project too!
    stee+cat
    http://www.cresshead.com/

Q - How many polys?
    A - All of them!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast