Thread: Cartoonish Comic effect

Cartoonish Comic effect

Hi folks....

Thanks to a member at graphic-forums.com, I was shown to this website. I've seen a very special photo made from a real image which has bee transformed into a cartoon/comic like character. I wonder if LW3D can do this kind of thing. I've never used LW before but will be willing to try it out if it has these features. I've reviewed the feature list but haven't seen a particular feature that does exactly what I like. Please see below for couple before and after images:

Thanks so much for any help at all!!!

well lightwave could do this, but not how you think. See LW is not a image editor... what you may really be after would be photoshop, or better yet painter. These programs would be able to do this, of course we are not talking about a one button filter affect, it would take some time to get to the level where this could be accomplished.

In all honesty, looking at that stuff... It doesn't look like a filter was applied at all. They both look like artists recreations using the phot for reference.

Thanks!

hi...

Thanks to both for replying!

I was afraid all along that this is not a filter or plugin. Seems like the original artist of these comic photos could have traced the photo then painted it with a tablet. If this is truely how it's done, then I'm gonna have to learn some painting skills before i can use it together with photoshop and create the image.

Can someone give me a tip where to buy paint shop pro for a cheap price?

Originally posted by rabid pitbull
    or better yet painter
    Forgot to ask you.... the painter program you said. Do you have a link? Or is it paint shop pro? Speaking of graphics programs, the only thing I know is Photoshop. Thanks!

painter 8

Kuzey