Thread: creating a DVD with TC burn

creating a DVD with TC burn

Hi,
    I have a an interview on Mini DV that I would like to transfer to a DVD with a TC Window Burn. This way I can log it while I'm on the road and on the plane. I have VT3
    with ULEAD DVD Software. Is there a way to capture the
    raw footage through VT3 with the TC Burn IN and then transfer to DVD. Any help would be great. Thanks
    K

I have a Sony DVCam deck and can input that into the s-video on the BOB. If I set the display function to show on the Sony deck and capture like that, I do get time code.

Just Tryin' To Help...
    With my JVC Mini-DV deck I take the deck's composite "Monitor Out" directly to a stand-alone DVD recorder and burn such DVDs directly with the TC burned over the video. Not pretty, but for logging purposes it doesn't matter. If you have a deck with a monitor output but not a stand-alone DVD recorder you can take the monitor output into VT and go from there to get a DVD.
    SB Enterprises, Quincy, Illinois ~ in the backwoods of the US of A

Toaster Oven
    On VT3 you can also capture the footage and then lay down the TimeCode overlay files (which are on the FTP server here) and the create a DVD as you normally do.
    You have to line up the video at zero as well as the overlay but then you have a burn window that is 100% synced with your timeline (which is what matters most).