Thread: First rendering using Vue Infinite

First rendering using Vue Infinite

Here is a project I worked on for a client. This was my first full rendering using Vue Infinite 6. There is lots to learn but not too bad for the first one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	residence.png 
Views:	834 
Size:	129.2 KB 
ID:	51569  
    :lwicon: [B]Adam A. Dailide[/B]
    [email][email protected][/email]
    [url]www.studio-render.com[/url]

Quite .. small?

j.
    Model: MacBook Pro 10.6.4 - 2.66 GHz - 4GB - NVD GF GT 330M
    Render: Win7 64 - Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83GHz - 8GB

Why do you use Png intead of Jpeg???
    Eddy Marillat - PIXYM
    WS : MB ASUS X299-Pro/SE - i9 7980XE 2,6ghz 18C/36T - 32GB Ram- 2 GTX 1080 TI - Win 10 64
    GPU Net Rig : MB Biostar - Celeron 2,8 ghz 2C/2T - 8GB Ram - 2 RTX 2080 TI - Win 7 64

Sorry guys, I will post a full sized image tonight.

I haven't posted images on this forum before and wasn't sure how large to post (people get upset if you run down their bandwidth!).

My original is a 11"x17" 300dpi rendering as a bmp

Some spec?
    Eddy Marillat - PIXYM
    WS : MB ASUS X299-Pro/SE - i9 7980XE 2,6ghz 18C/36T - 32GB Ram- 2 GTX 1080 TI - Win 10 64
    GPU Net Rig : MB Biostar - Celeron 2,8 ghz 2C/2T - 8GB Ram - 2 RTX 2080 TI - Win 7 64

Not really a spec home, more a custom project. It is actually going to be in a parade of homes in July 08.

Here is a larger version of the rendering.
    Remember this is my first time using Vue as my main renderer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	residentialSTUDIORENDER.jpg 
Views:	566 
Size:	343.2 KB 
ID:	51635  

slightly updated recently due to clients request

not a bad start, but first thing which is popping into my eye is visible texture tiling on nearly all tiled surfaces, which creates very disturbing patterns. try to use multilayer materials and add some disturbance layer (procedural or as image map) to break the patterns. the clouds are looking very artificial (like high mountain clouds), vue maybe can do better...

as for the scene, the house looks like closed for visitors. unless this is the explicit request of your client, try to open some window and put some traces of life into it.

some low vegetation could break a bit this large green grass foreground. now it looks like the house is a bit 'floating', when you look at it with your 'compositing eye'. if you show this much grass, it should be the best grass! i would rather use compositing (or do front projection) with a real grass photo than this textured one, which looks like a flat repeating pattern. you can also get some good grass presets from cornucopia, and maybe try to use the ecosystem to 'spray' some 3d elements (higher grasses, or very low bushes at the sides) - it's fun!

hope this can help...

cheers, looking forward

markus
    Last edited by 3dworks; 12-12-2007 at 01:18 PM.
    3dworks visual computing
    demo reel on vimeo
    instagram

OSX 10.12.x, macpro 5.1, nvidia gtx 980 ti, LW2015.x / 2018.x, octane 3.x

I agree, the tiling was a major concern of mine as well and I am looking for ways to address that. I was really unhappy with the roofing tiles, there should be a way to make those look correct, and I am sure there is a way.

The front yard grass was a point of contention with the client. I too wanted to add some low lying vegetation, but money and time were not allotted for that type of detail.

Right now I used image mapping for the grass, but I am trying to learn the other ways to this correctly and make it look the way it should. I have a terrain mesh created in CAD due to the needs for correct topography. Again, something I am looking into.

The sky was a Vue 6 sky.

Thanks again for the continued remarks and feedback.