Thread: DV Magazine calls Rendition an "Essential Photoshop CS3 plug-in"

DV Magazine calls Rendition an "Essential Photoshop CS3 plug-in"

Just saw the Nov-07 DV Magazine. They have an article (Ned Soltz) on ten essential PS CS3 plugins, and Rendition is one of them!!! I'd say this is an amazing marketing feat, give that Rendition isn't out yet.

Congrats NT and whoever at NT made this happen!

Ok, good marketing. That's always valuable...

For available products.

(Your money is burning a hole in my pocket, NT.)

Quote Originally Posted by neverko
    Just out of curiosity was the Strata render plugin among the plug-ins in that list as well?
    As a matter of fact, yes - Strata 3D[in].

You have no idea how meh I think 3D in Photoshop is. Seriously, Adobe, can't you focus on fixing all the stuff that's broken in it instead? Please?
    Are my spline guides showing?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Obvious
    You have no idea how meh I think 3D in Photoshop is. Seriously, Adobe, can't you focus on fixing all the stuff that's broken in it instead? Please?
    I tend to loathe the very large companies for reasons like this, Adobe just makes junk, I've used Photoshop as my standard photo/texture tool since PS4. And it just gets bloated and more useless with each release.

Some nifty tools have evolved over time, but honestly you just have to wonder how a company with such potential (ie money) could stuff up there flagship product every release. They are slow, and never listen to any customer feedback. 32bit image editing and file support is a joke, at least 3rd party came to the rescue to allow multichannel EXR's, but CS3 still cannot edit them with any real tools. The new 3D support is lame at best, and years behind Bodypaint or Deepaint. Yet it will sell in huge numbers.........
    CS3 has numerous interface disadvantages than previous versions.

It's a shame that PS was so good to start with, because now it has no real competition. However i do look forward to having a look at Rendition when i have some time.