Now go kill that puppy, I cannae take it anymore

Cheers,
    Mike

Nice work guys!

Thanks for this.

Ditto, thank you, that was a welcome and quite unexpected surprise

Many Thanks Michael and Art.

RonGC

Bumping, seems the link isnīt working for this anymore, not sure if he has stopped working with lw plugins now..or why they donīt work, last update 2016.

I got it downloaded though..so I can use it, but...the lightwave team needs to adress this in the latest bridge tool they made as native for 2012019...that tool is quite bad..it has no tension handles, and you can not right click and add handles in it as we can with spline bridge.

So please lw team, work on a better spline bridge tool ..if not buying out artspheres plugin, it is much better than the one that was added natively.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AW Bezier bridge tool.jpg 
Views:	265 
Size:	131.4 KB 
ID:	146712

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    Bumping, seems the link isnīt working for this anymore, not sure if he has stopped working with lw plugins now..or why they donīt work, last update 2016...
    His site may have simply broken with an update to the background server software. He can be notified. In the meantime, archive.org still has all the plugins stored away.
    LW4, 7.5D, 2015, 2018, 2019, 2020 running portably on a USB drive on an Amiga 2500 running Wine.

Two days ago I received an email from the provider regarding a php upgrade on the (shared) servers, but I assumed it would not cause any troubles. It probably broke the mysql access on my site. I'll have to check... and hope to bring it back up soon.

With an "elder" web site, the register_globals setting of PHP may have previously been allowed on. New, updated PHP installations turn this off by default.

As a result, you may need to simply change the PHP in the download.php file from "$file" to "$_GET[file]".
    LW4, 7.5D, 2015, 2018, 2019, 2020 running portably on a USB drive on an Amiga 2500 running Wine.

Quote Originally Posted by raymondtrace View Post
    His site may have simply broken with an update to the background server software. He can be notified. In the meantime, archive.org still has all the plugins stored away.

Hope that was a statement in general, my second line in the post tells that I do have the plugin downloaded already, so I am actually myself not in need to get it..so more a general notification for those not able to get hold of it, but perhaps foremost also a hint to the lw team that they need to fix the native one, or replace it with aw bezier bridge.

I also asked for a similar tool in blender, but there is none that works this smootly as aw bezier tool, I got another suggested tool which snaps perpediclar to a surface, but itīs not actually bridging, what you do then is remesh merge it.

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    Hope that was a statement in general, my second line in the post tells that I do have the plugin downloaded already, so I am actually myself not in need to get it..so more a general notification for those not able to get hold of it...
    Definitely. I was just trying to accommodate those that may be teased by the delicious screen shots...but disappointed to see they cannot download the plugin right now.

While his attention is here to update his site, he could also update his signature.

EDIT: It seems the site is already fixed. The downloads are back.
    Last edited by raymondtrace; 01-23-2020 at 01:58 PM.

The downloads should be working again. Thanks for bringing it to my attention

As far as the plugin not working anymore I'll have to look into that but it may (ok, will) take more time.

Quote Originally Posted by art View Post
    ...As far as the plugin not working anymore I'll have to look into that but it may (ok, will) take more time.
    It works fine in LW 2019 (and also in 2020). The reference to "not working" was simply in regard to the download function. Thanks for the quick fix!

Phew, I see. I read it too fast

Quote Originally Posted by art View Post
    The downloads should be working again. Thanks for bringing it to my attention

As far as the plugin not working anymore I'll have to look into that but it may (ok, will) take more time.
    Yep..it is working, that wasnīt the question, just the link that didnīt work for the downloads, I just checked it since I didnīt had it installed on 2019 so thatīs where I checked first, then found it on my external drives.

And by the way..as Mentioned, I have no need of the newer native spline bridge, yours are way better.
    I also checked the blender forums for something similar when working with blender..but there isnīt anything good as that either, at least no one has been able to direct me to any similar addon...yet.

Was a bit funny since I got involved in a bit of a flamed discussion over at blender artist..where so many are so dead end sure there is nothing Lightwave can do..especially in modeler, that blender canīt do..sort of, and also
    a discussion on quad..or two views not necessary..only one view to model, in a case as this, working with at least two views is crucial to define the bezier bridge from a relation ratio while lookin at two or more viewports views, you can not model this kind of stuff with one view..well you can, but you loose out on direct feedback from multiviews when designing a proper twist..you can never get the same overview in one view only.
    That is something no One seem to grasp over there, despite many being lightwave users as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12