Thread: Best Recomended book for "professional Lighting techniques In Lightwave"

Best Recomended book for "professional Lighting techniques In Lightwave"

G'Day mate

this is urgent
    can you please recommend me a book that focuses on "professional Lighting techniques In Lightwave"
    for creating Photorealistic lighting
    please help me

Any of the wordware books by Nick Boughen are excellent.

Ahead of the "curve"
    Tiffani Banaszak
    Safe Harbor Computers
    www.sharbor.com

The Digital Lighting and Rendering, while not Lightwave or any application specific, is also an excellent book on the topic. Most, if not all of the techniques covered there are applicable to Lightwave as well.

P.S. I have the LW8 version of Nick's book. Are there any significant updates in the LW9 book?

May the sauce be with you starbase1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by art
    The Digital Lighting and Rendering, while not Lightwave or any application specific, is also an excellent book on the topic. Most, if not all of the techniques covered there are applicable to Lightwave as well.

P.S. I have the LW8 version of Nick's book. Are there any significant updates in the LW9 book?
    I agree with Art, that is a superb book, one of the best CG training books I have ever read. Highly recommended.

Nick
    Faith is the opposite of Intelligence.

Touched by his noodley appendage!
    My Lightwave Graphics & Downloads!!!

Jep, I'd also recommend Jeremy Birn's Digital Lighting and Rendering - best book about the subject I've read.
    Riding the LightWave with Commodore 64, MOS [email protected],985MHz and 64kB's of RAM and Videopac G7000, Intel [email protected] MHz with 192 bytes of RAM