Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Clay studies- its importance.

Thanks, Zapper.

Hey, cool ones. I started doing some clay miniatures just for fun couple weeks ago. I must admit they are more than helpful.

Just a hint, have you tried stuffing wires with aluminum foil instead of paper. It seems to work better, at least for me
    Senior CG Artist, Optix Digital Pictures
    Demo Reel
    Behance
    Web folio
    LinkedIn

Quote Originally Posted by akademus
    Hey, cool ones. I started doing some clay miniatures just for fun couple weeks ago. I must admit they are more than helpful.

Just a hint, have you tried stuffing wires with aluminum foil instead of paper. It seems to work better, at least for me
    Are you gonna let us see the results .

Tin foil or paper, tin foil or paper...........mmmm, papers cheaper!

A friend of mine swears by the tin foil for what your talking about. Hes been doing this for about twenty years. It sounds like your using the right method.
    The ethereal riders gallop over the rooftops

2BitSculptor,
    Thanks for also sharing your methodology, some valuable tips. Please show more work when you get the opportunity .
    The ethereal riders gallop over the rooftops

Quote Originally Posted by bluerider
    Are you gonna let us see the results .

Tin foil or paper, tin foil or paper...........mmmm, papers cheaper!

A friend of mine swears by the tin foil for what your talking about. Hes been doing this for about twenty years. It sounds like your using the right method.
    Will show making of next one. Within few days. Foil don't tend to unwrap as paper does, that's what I found
    Senior CG Artist, Optix Digital Pictures
    Demo Reel
    Behance
    Web folio
    LinkedIn

wow thats so realistic, It looks like shes about to rope u. did u intentionally not add the flair to the arm held above her head or was it ur not done with it yet?
    Oobievision

Quote Originally Posted by oobievision
    wow thats so realistic, It looks like shes about to rope u. did u intentionally not add the flair to the arm held above her head or was it ur not done with it yet?
    Thanks....

Actually, that was just a test, to try to visuallize the final product. I didn't sculpt the fringe onto the finished figure. I used vinyl cut from a shower curtain for the test. I think it would be better to use a piece of soda can cut into the shape. The sculpting on this is done and it is currently being cast as a resin model kit.

Chuck

Marvellous work in this thread guys... Graham, your art always conveys a sense of sponteneity and a balance between observation and imagination.

2BitSculptor, checked out your website and the images are amazing. You're a talented figurative artist. Interesting you should mention Organica... are you saying you're still involved or have you given up on it? I remember trying it years ago, it was an embryonic 'clay modeller' like a primitive version of Zbrush and incredibly memory hungry. Created my first 3D figure in 1999 importing an Organica mesh into Lightwave. I'm a bit embarrassed by the result but for a newbie it felt more intuitive than poly modelling which before Lightwave's MetaNurbs used to feel like welding steel plates together

Great to see more organic character work on the forums.
    Art and photography Flickr site
    Animation, facial rigging, modelling ArtStation
    Assorted animations Robert Ireland

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12