Thread: Me being stupid or bug? 9.3 background image weirdness.

Me being stupid or bug? 9.3 background image weirdness.

I've just rendered out a sequence and noticed some clouds were static, despite the camera moving. I opened up the scene and realised I'd left a background image in place from when I'd done the print-res static shot - it's hefty (2700 x 2700). Anyway, the static clouds are only just visible, but they shouldn't be seen at all as I have a physical sky dome in place, no transparency set at all. I've attached my surface settings and an image showing the render with the sky background image in use and one where I've dumped it from the scene. Any thoughts, or is this a bug?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	test.jpg 
Views:	239 
Size:	63.6 KB 
ID:	49865   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screen_grab.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	284.2 KB 
ID:	49866  
    - web: http://www.albino-igil.co.uk - 2D/3D Design Studio -
    - PC Spec: Intel i9-7940X @3.1GHz | 64Gb | 2 x GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb | Windows 10 Pro -

Dude!!

It may just be one of those times when you have to make a copy of your LWS file - and get in there and edit with notepad to see if it is somehow managing to keep a firm grasp on your image file..... even though you've asked it nicely to 'step away from the cloud image'.

From what I can remember about LWs image file import size limitations - this image looks to me to be well within the boundaries.

Lordy. Well it seems that some days you can't ask LW nicely enough to load an image - and we see now that some days you can't get it to unload one for love nor money!

Good luck fella!