Thread: Render Display and Aspect Ratio.

Render Display and Aspect Ratio.

Is there a way to make the render display to show the correct aspect ratio? I'm working in wide screen aspect and it looks squashed.

If you are refering to a rendered image seen on the monitor - none that I'm aware of. LCD and CRT computer monitors use a 1:1 square pixel format. The OGL interface "Camera View" should be correct though.

Unlike Photoshop CS2, which has a selection to work in a "video aspect" mode, LW does not. It would make a great feature to be able to show a render in a "corrected aspect" form though.

Not sure though how it is with a Widescreen HDTV with a PC input. I have a WS HDTV with the hookup, but no computer close enough to try it out.

obfuscated SDK hacker Lightwolf's Avatar
    Which version of LW are you using? Since 9.0 - or at least 9.2 - the aspec ratio is being taken into account... However, only in the render status panel.
    Unfortunately the image viewer completely ignores pixel aspects...

Cheers,
    Mike

Lw 9.2. Yes, the render status shows it right, but the image viewer does not. IT would be a good feature.

Question Wide Screen on RTX100

Also noticed that when rendering an animation out to Matrox RTX100 DVCam PAL 16*9 wide screen, I noticed that when imported into Adobe Premier Pro 1.5 the clip appears in the bin and source viewer as a standard 4*3. However when placed on the timeline it shows up in the output viewer and plays normally as a widescreen image. Is there some ident info not being saved by Lightwave?

Do you get this with other clips in 16:9?

You have to use interpret footage in premiere and change it to the aspect ratio that you used in lightwave.

I have an ATI FireGL V7200 driving a widescreen LCD panel. The cool thing about this card is that the drivers come with presets to automatically correct for numerous applications, including Lightwave (see attached). I also have a Matrox RTX-2 and use most of the Adobe apps. After selecting the preset for Lightwave, the aspect ratios look correct in all apps and windows. It's a pricey card, but has made a world of difference with a widescreen monitor.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screen3.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	76.5 KB 
ID:	49730