Thread: Jerky Pan

Jerky Pan

Im doing an animation, just paning some packages, boxes with photorealistic textures mapped to each of the 6 sides, and the pan appears jerky even with motion blur. Going to an avid mc adrenaline, other animations imported fine with the same render settings, its just the pan that looks bad. Any suggestions?

Are we talking a fast, or highly zoomed pan?

Start with the simple stuff first - check your graph editor and make sure your camera f-curves are nice and smooth.

Or:

If this is for broadcast, or display on a CRT screen of some sort - try rendering with fields from LightWave, or render the final from the editing system with the correct order of fields - that normally smooths things out
    nicely.

hope that helps,

flakester.

Its for broadcast; second, average pan, not slow but no whip pan. Lastly, i rendered it out uncompressed with no field order, did my background in After Effects and used my avid settings from that, where i have rendered out coutless commercials and graphics for avid import. My question; since its goin to be 720x486 .9aspect and lower first (D1) does my render out of LW have to match that or will After Effects take care of that for me, and allow me to render any way i want as long as AE with accept it?

Personally, I would only worry about getting the correct frame size and pixel aspect ratio out of LW - and leave the field order to the After effects render part of the job.

Good luck.

flakester.

Quote Originally Posted by Belloch
    Its for broadcast; second, average pan, not slow but no whip pan. Lastly, i rendered it out uncompressed with no field order, did my background in After Effects and used my avid settings from that, where i have rendered out coutless commercials and graphics for avid import. My question; since its goin to be 720x486 .9aspect and lower first (D1) does my render out of LW have to match that or will After Effects take care of that for me, and allow me to render any way i want as long as AE with accept it?
    You haven't mentioned the most important element, fps. You must either render with fields turned on without AE or render in 60fps. Import to AE as a 60 and then add fields.
    "There can be no true beauty without decay." --Latin proverb. Nothing digital is beautiful?
    Our new movie is here: http://epistrophypictures.com

I'm with Flakester on this one - leave fields to post if it's going through AE anyway ^^
    - web: http://www.albino-igil.co.uk - 2D/3D Design Studio -
    - PC Spec: Intel i9-7940X @3.1GHz | 64Gb | 2 x GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb | Windows 10 Pro -