Thread: SE render problems

SE render problems

Gang;
    here's my situation. I have about 250 stills along with a few short video clips. After getting everything ready I tried to render but got this error message. "cannot open output file" inside the render box. The render freeze's at that point, without any further action. Any idea's.
    I have rendered before, the only change is, I upgraded to 1.2 and also added a program to convert .mod's to .avi's.

I did a search on 'se render problems' and didn't get any hits.

XDCAM HD production ScorpioProd's Avatar
    Full hard disk drive that you're trying to write to?
    Eugene
    Scorpio Productions

that would be to easy. unfortunately, not the case.
    John

It is not rendering any type of format. I tried just rendering 2 frames, the blue confidence bar went all the way across but then it came up with the same message, "cannot open output file". My only thought is to uninstall and reinstall 1.2. Can I completely uninstall SE and then just install 1.2 or do I have to install 1.0 first?? (Mr. Perkins??)

thanks in advance
    John

Thee cool evening breezes of Anytown, USA
    Try uninstalling the mod to avi program.

I have heard of the SE render box acting funky when there was a weird codec installed and SE was choking on it when trying to add it to the choices of render options.

Jim

Jim, I had several different .*** to .avi programs. Got rid of them all, to no avail, so I finally called NewTek. Should have done that first. Got through to tek support quickly... come to find out, Eugene wasn't to far off. The drive I was trying to write to only had 3.45 gig free space left. Sylvia (NT) had me try to write to another drive (which I thought I had done, but apparently not), which worked. So.. for future notice, even though your render won't take much space (the test one with Sylvia was only 14 seconds) if SE doesn't see XXX amount of space, it will not write to that drive. I am now once again a happy camper, SE rendered my 250 jpgs without a hitch.
    John