Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 147

Thread: Lw 9.2 + Fry render 1.7 beta

  1. #31
    One question - does Fry support IES lights ?
    RAM-Studio
    WS - Dual Xeon E5-2698v4/128GB/Win10x64/x TitanX(M) + 2x GTX 1080Ti + GTX 1080
    My LWM Video Car Modeling Tutorial

  2. #32
    Lewis: Fry don't support IES lights for now...

    ADL
    www.imagonet.it

  3. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Sande
    It would be nice to hear your reasoning for this? You have 5 posts after that remark and still nothing to back you up. Not to say that you are wrong or biased, but... It sure starts to sound like that a bit.
    sande, the first release of the public PDF download manual contained not only images showing that the material system was copied straightforward from maxwells, but they even used exactly the same terms... it was like a photocopy... i didn't check anymore since then, but it is likely they did change this.

    today fry's development is different from maxwells, as they are now heading more and more to become a 'generic' GI renderer, not focusing completely on the physical simulation aspect, but on becoming a general purpose render engine, like vray for example. you can do excellent images with that, but you are going to miss the ultimate quality level in the end.

    for such a purpose, kray is by far the better (and much faster) choice, imo

    markus
    3dworks visual computing
    demo reel on vimeo
    instagram

    OSX 10.12.x, macpro 5.1, nvidia gtx 980 ti, LW2015.x / 2018.x, octane 3.x

  4. #34
    Markus, it can be true, but maybe not completely.. i dont know how deep into "simulation" fry goes, but imho it's very near to MW so you can set a scene in 2 minutes and hit render, and you know something "ok" will come out. with multilight and tonemapping you'l be able to tweak it a lot, so regarding workflow and concept of work i guess it's very similar: little setup, long render times, high quality. Probably MW is more accurate, but in my limited experience i can say that images coming out of FRY looks natural even witha small setup, and that's the target i purchased fry for.
    Regarding copying issues, i admit it's a very strange thing, i wonder if there's any move going on between the two companies.

    bye
    Paolo

  5. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by ADL
    Hervè, I'm an user about Lightwave from Amiga times (do you know Amiga Videotoaster?) and I use maxwell from first beta cicle... (you have see my roses, arabian architecture and other renderings in the maxwell render forum some times ago).

    Your room scene is very old and come from maxwell LW plug-in 1.1, only the bananas are from 1.5. yeah a good render but a simple object.

    I repeat again. Maxwell 1.5 LW plug-in is broken and don't process complex scenes as Victory ship. Complex architectural scenes and other crash lw maxwell plug-in FOR NOW. No problems for simple objects and simple textures. The same complex scenes has not problem in Fry...

    This is not a war those are real facts. I know and well both render engines, and I don't speak about quality. To make some quality I need to export the scenes, until this is not possible I don't use maxwell but Fry that (for now) is more fast, productive and with a lot of tools that maxell has not yet implemented. I will change my ideas (only the idiots don't change own ideas!)
    when lw plug-in will work well again...

    ADL
    www.imagonet.it
    ADL, i can only say: the LW plugin is working perfectly here - i'm doing only huge projects with lots of assets - for example currently working on a scene with around 3 million polys (lots of UV mapped axyz people, polygonal trees, UV mapped cars and so on), and this on a mac! what i can confirm is, that if your LWO geometry has problems, like irregular polys etc., sometimes the plugin will not triangulate at export time and warn you. this can then be fixed in modeler, anyway. additionally, the plugin is undergoing a lot of improvements on that level to avoid this even with broken geometry.

    seriously, i cannot confirm any crashes during export at all on my macs. just curious: did you run this test also without any other third party plugins and a verified stable LW config?

    of course i cannot compare to fry's plugin because they even do not offer any mac version... anyway, the next plugin update with some improvements should be not too far away.

    markus
    3dworks visual computing
    demo reel on vimeo
    instagram

    OSX 10.12.x, macpro 5.1, nvidia gtx 980 ti, LW2015.x / 2018.x, octane 3.x

  6. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by 3dworks
    ADL, i can only say: the LW plugin is working perfectly here - i'm doing only huge projects with lots of assets - for example currently working on a scene with around 3 million polys (lots of UV mapped axyz people, polygonal trees, UV mapped cars and so on), and this on a mac! what i can confirm is, that if your LWO geometry has problems, like irregular polys etc., sometimes the plugin will not triangulate at export time and warn you. this can then be fixed in modeler, anyway. additionally, the plugin is undergoing a lot of improvements on that level to avoid this even with broken geometry.

    seriously, i cannot confirm any crashes during export at all on my macs. just curious: did you run this test also without any other third party plugins and a verified stable LW config?

    of course i cannot compare to fry's plugin because they even do not offer any mac version... anyway, the next plugin update with some improvements should be not too far away.

    markus
    Marcus, I use maxwell from 3 year now, i know well the geometry problems and I clean the geometry with additional check (no single or dual points polygons and geometry that give problems to MR!) in the Modeler, I triple all polygons, etc.

    I use lw+ mr on PC with Vista Ultimate 64 and XP pro 64 with heavy crash. Fry doesn't exist for Mac but the same geometry has not any problems to translate and rendering and without is need make any check.

    This and other map problems are in the Lightwave section of maxwell forum. Please read them!
    I know that a new plug-in will resolve this issues and other and I hope in a serious beta testing process before the release because the 1.5 plug-ins released (2 versions until now, last is version 1.5.8) have a lot of problems and bugs for PC... I'm not a Mac user but a lot of Mac user are wainting a lw plug-in too...

    Maxwell work much better with 3DS Max and Maya (in 3DS Max for example is impossibile for now make a resume with multilight, we are making some tests now because we are making an entire issue of 3D Professional, another of our CGI magazines, all for Maxwell and the plug-in connections with XSI, Maya, LW, Max and Rhino...)
    Then i confirm this in production: with same scene and conditions (same CPU and machine) Fry is much fast to clean image from noise...

    ADL
    www.imagonet.it

  7. #37
    Registered User Hervé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Europe-Luxembourg
    Posts
    2,421
    Quote Originally Posted by ADL
    Then Herve I'm make argomentations without any offensive staments again you.
    Please if you have some reasons answer me with tecnical data and real fact for maxwell lw plug-in.

    Your renderings take some years (yeah month and years!) to make,
    there are redundants, are always the same and you check it again and again because you have a lot of time to wait... (I'm very happy for you!) but I have deadline of 1, 2 and max 3 weeks to make some of productive and not collection of simple objects... with this progress and time we will return to make reflective spheres on checkboard floor...

    ADL
    www.imagonet.it
    Just try to stay polite please. You're attacking my life(and apparently know nothing about), my work redundant, always the same)... I've never started to talk about this from you (I don't know you), but I talked from Fry, the render.

    good luck.
    H.

  8. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by ADL
    Lewis: Fry don't support IES lights for now...

    ADL
    www.imagonet.it
    Ahhhhh . Any plans for support in 2.0 or earlier ? Thanks
    RAM-Studio
    WS - Dual Xeon E5-2698v4/128GB/Win10x64/x TitanX(M) + 2x GTX 1080Ti + GTX 1080
    My LWM Video Car Modeling Tutorial

  9. #39
    Herve we are talking about render engines and not about private life,
    you have give some judgments on my renderings and about Fry without
    you know both! Please read what you have writed and your heavy and
    without reasons attacks.

    ADL
    www.imagonet.it

  10. #40
    Registered User Hervé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Europe-Luxembourg
    Posts
    2,421
    Quote Originally Posted by ADL
    Herve we are talking about render engines and not about private life,
    you have give some judgments on my renderings and about Fry without
    you know both! Please read what you have writed and your heavy and
    without reasons attacks.

    ADL
    www.imagonet.it
    you assumed I have time in my life... this is talking about my life... capish ?

    I'm finished with you here.. no attakcs..

  11. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Hervé
    you assumed I have time in my life... this is talking about my life... capish ?

    I'm finished with you here.. no attakcs..

    I assume that your computer with MR have a lot of time to make renderings not you and your life than i don't know and it's out of this conversation...
    For other please before write something learn about it... or write about what you know not what you don't know... it's a simple rule.

    ADL
    www.imagonet.it

  12. #42
    \\ is sparkling // Iain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    4,441
    I have no idea what's going on here but I think the language barrier is really exaggerating things.

    Maybe if we keep on topic you won't need your handbags.
    portfolio

    The Liver is evil and must be punished!

  13. #43

    Talking Languages incomprehensions...

    Iain you have some reason
    an Italian (me), that write in bad english with French (Herve) can take some incomprehensions...
    like Zidane and Materassi in the last Mondial cup...

    ADL
    www.imagonet.it

  14. #44
    LightJustice Panikos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nicosia Cyprus
    Posts
    1,727
    Bonjour mon ami Herve
    Missed you much, never forgotten you

    Bon chance mon ami

  15. #45
    exuse me Materazzi not Materassi...

    ADL
    www.imagonet.it

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •