Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lw 9.2 + Fry render 1.7 beta

Lw 9.2 + Fry render 1.7 beta

Hi All,
    about 3 milions of polygons (in part NURBS patchs),
    more the 100 textures from Lightwave 3D 9.2 open beta scene
    and rendering in Fry render (http://www.fryrender.com)
    without problems via export 3d data plug-in inside lw.

The image was used as cover for our CGI monthly magazine.
    Model by Daniele Martinello
    Texture veils by Ivan Pecis,
    Materials and rendering in Fry by A. De Lorenzo
    Post processing with Photoshop (with fry depth map and native occlusion shader pass) by F. De Lorenzo.

ADL
    www.imagonet.it

Last edited by ADL; 07-16-2007 at 04:45 AM.

creacon
    So,

How did this compare to LW native rendering and FPrime?
    It's good to know that the export works OK, but it would be better to know if it is faster or better quality eg.

creacon

Yeah, tell us about fryrender, maybe compared to other engines as fprima and kray. Have you tried the VR export thingy (randomcontrol4)? Does bones and morph animation work in fryrender?

Thanks ADL,

mike
    If you are not paying for it, you’re not the customer; you’re the product being sold.

wow very nice work,

fryrender is like maxwell and indigo, it's different from LW or Kray and Fprime

but yeah we would like to hear more about it...and how it works with LW
    and how much time that render took?

cheers

Regarding the rendertimes: I just registered at their forum to have a look at the finished projects. A bathroom, not too complicated, took 15 hours and the forum members didn't got upset, so I think that's a normal value. On par with maxwell than I guess? (regarding rendertime?).
    I do mostly animations, so fryrender is not for me

mike
    If you are not paying for it, you’re not the customer; you’re the product being sold.

Thank you for your words,
    Fry and maxwell or Indigo are unbiased rendering,
    the time of rendering is long but not so long if you have a dual or quad CPU.
    This image is from a PC dual 6700, 4 Gb ram, NVidia GTX 8800, Vista Ultimate 64 bit. I use this PC as render engine while I work on another PC.
    The image is clear after an hour of 2 of rendering but to make more clean you can make rendering in more hours (5, 6, 10 or more by night for example, in this work I have leave rendering for about 70 hours but the image was clean without wait so much, the final resolution of the image is 2.500 x 3.044).
    You can rendering it for a long time to make that all the noise of rendering is gone.
    The materials and light setup are very fast with some previews tools.

Fry is more fast then maxwell, has a lot of new features (instancing, microdisplacement and a lot more), the LW plug-in work very well and you can brake the rendering and resume it how many times you want.
    The quality is phisical and very high, the set up of materials is easy and fast as I write and I love work with it.

Architectural renderings are very fast and easy to set up, the quality is astounding and you can make some adjustments (for example turn on and of any lights or change their intensity, colours, etc.) while the image is rendering!

In the final version this quality will be free explorable as Lightscape in the past and this is another incredible stuff. Cloth or bones or other deformers inside LW (and other 3D software as Maya, Sketchup, 3DS max and Cinema 4D for now!) work well in Fry and it's possible make good animations.

The render engine is very solid and works very well with PIV or old CPU but you need a power machine with dual or quad processor to make it very productive! Fry has internal shaders as dirt, SSS and tons of incredible and productive tools, the programmers are very fast to listen and responsive to add new tools asked from user comunity. Only the documentation is incomplete for now but in the forum you can find answers, tutorial and examples in few minutes, the cost is low for now and with the imminent 1.7+ version will be possible download a demo version to try...

ADL
    www.imagonet.it
    Last edited by ADL; 07-16-2007 at 06:47 AM.

Thank you very much for theses informations ADL
    Eddy Marillat - PIXYM
    WS : MB ASUS X299-Pro/SE - i9 7980XE 2,6ghz 18C/36T - 32GB Ram- 2 GTX 1080 TI - Win 10 64
    GPU Net Rig : MB Biostar - Celeron 2,8 ghz 2C/2T - 8GB Ram - 2 RTX 2080 TI - Win 7 64

hi Antonio !
    Yes,i'm a Fry user too, it's AWESOME. I have to say, jumping from Lw to Fry is seamless... a tool makes a translation of all material for you, while in maxwell you have to setup all materials manually. I still had no time to try it well, but i did some tests... 4-5 clicks and i had complex interiors renderings with materials applied.
    It's not SO slow, but dont expect Fprime or Kray speed. Quality is excellent and you have a ton of features. I dont know Maxwell but Fry is cheaper (before demo exits, it costs about 400 €), licensing is better (10 machines against 4 of maxwell), it's faster and it has much more features, beside the realtime thing which will be a revolution, if good as promised.
    I'll post some stuff when i'll have time to experiment better, deep-deadlining these weeks.

(edited)
    paolo
    Last edited by Pavlov; 07-16-2007 at 09:34 AM.

Hi Pavlov,
    yeah you say well, Fry is astounding with Lightwave (this is the primary reason of my post). I want that the LW user know that Fry is a great rendering tool, much better then maxwell render that I use but that for now has the LW plug-in broken (release 1.5, no uv map after 2 months release, no translation of complex scenes, etc.).

Fprime and Kray are great and fast tools, Fry is an unbiased rendering that works very, very very well with all scenes and LW situations. It's another tool tha make great Lw!

Pyxim: no problems

ADL
    www.imagonet.it

Pavlov (or Paolo Z.) I love your KRay renderings as you can see on the
    "LW universe" pages of CGT&A.
    I'm sure that your inside and outside scenes for Fry will be *GREAT* and another CGT&A cover is ready for you after 6 long years
    Last edited by ADL; 07-16-2007 at 09:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pavlov
    hi Antonio !
    Yes,i'm a Fry user too, it's AWESOME. I have to say, jumping from Lw to Fry is seamless... a tool makes a translation of all material for you, while in maxwell you have to setup all materials manually. I still had no time to try it well, but i did some tests... 4-5 clicks and i had complex interiors renderings with materials applied.
    It's not SO slow, but dont expect Fprime or Kray speed. Quality is excellent and you have a ton of features. I dont know Maxwell but Fry is cheaper (before demo exits, it costs about 400 €), licensing is better (10 machines against 4 of maxwell), it's faster and it has much more features, beside the realtime thing which will be a revolution, if good as promised.
    I'll post some stuff when i'll have time to experiment better, deep-deadlining these weeks.

(edited)
    paolo
    just to correct a wrong detail, without starting again a debate about render quality of the two engines: the LW plugin of maxwell translates materials automatically as well. in addition to this you can embed (and later reference) materials built by your own or using those around 2000 free material presets from their repository at

http://mxmgallery.maxwellrender.com/

the material translation done with the plugin is quite fair, all texture mappings (including diffuse, transparency, bump) are applied correctly. because of the completely different material simulation in maxwell, the automatically translated materials need obviously to be further optimized by hand in maxwell studio or with the separate MXED, maxwells material editor, but this is a very straighforward process anyway.

cheers

markus
    3dworks visual computing
    demo reel on vimeo
    instagram

OSX 10.12.x, macpro 5.1, nvidia gtx 980 ti, LW2015.x / 2018.x, octane 3.x

3d works: i use both unbiased engines (maxwell and fry) from the neta cycles!
    Now LW maxwell 1.5 plug-in has a lot of problems to translate TEXTURE lw informations (as UV map) and not simple material and other big problems that make impossible translate big project as the Victory ship with 3 milions of polygons, hundred of layers and materials. I have make the test to export in maxwell studio or make rendering inside lw 9.2 this Victory ship model with maxwell without success (mr crash!), and maxwell is 1.5 final and 64 bit version!

Fry is 1.7 BETA, 32 bit and have not problems at all. This is not a debate but a technical discussion based on solid facts. I love both the package but now, in the field of unbiased rendering Fry is superior in all productive aspects with Lightwave. But if you think that is not true, read with attention last messages from lw user in the lw section in maxwell render forum...

ADL
    www.imagonet.it

another Fry rendering from lw scene...
    the models are not mine but from a a sort of Corean Evermotion...

ADL,

Can you render in toon style with Fry?
    Eddy Marillat - PIXYM
    WS : MB ASUS X299-Pro/SE - i9 7980XE 2,6ghz 18C/36T - 32GB Ram- 2 GTX 1080 TI - Win 10 64
    GPU Net Rig : MB Biostar - Celeron 2,8 ghz 2C/2T - 8GB Ram - 2 RTX 2080 TI - Win 7 64

Markus, i apologize on my statement: i was sure MR couldnt do auto-exporting of materials, maybe you also told me this
    Other statements should remain true, even if some says MR has a more realistic output.. about this, i saw more incredible pics from MR but this could be also becasue Fry is still in beta and users are still not so many. Again, "top quality" pics are really "top" for both engines.
    Still have to take the grasp of it anyway, i just did some spare tests.

Antonio, thanks a lot for my pics in CGT&A gallery pages.. lately i have no time for personal projects, hope archviz pics can stand as cover too

Paolo

I'm really looking forward to the demo of FryRender, I really wish they would hurry up and release it!

UI / UX Designer @ NewTek

Fry is a pale imitation of Maxwell... the boat render is poorly render.. but the model is nice...

h

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast