Thread: Animated Textures

Animated Textures

Hello,

I used to work with 3d studio max, and that program allowed me to use an AVI video file as a texture. Does Lightwave allow you to create animated textures of any kind?

It won't take my Quicktimes, and was hoping someone would have an answer to this.

What file format does this program want for a video texture?

Please help ! thanks for reading !

Yes, and it should take your QuickTimes too. Are you on a Mac?

B
    Ben Vost - NewTek LightWave 3D development
    LightWave 3D Trial Edition
    AMD Threadripper 1950X, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 32GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti (4GB and 768 CUDA cores) and GTX 1080 (8GB and 2560 CUDA cores) driver version 430.86
    AMD FX8350 4.2 GHz, Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium 64-bit, 16GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti (416.34, 4GB and 768 CUDA cores)
    Dell Server, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Xeon E3-1220 @3.10 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Quadro K620
    Laptop with Intel i7, nVidia Quadro 2000Mw/ 2GB (377.83 and 192 CUDA cores), Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 8GB RAM
    Mac Mini 2.26 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, 10.10.3

Yeah, I'm on a Mac.

I've exported the file as all sorts of Quicktimes with different compressions. Do you know of one certain compression that works for sure that I could try?

What are you trying to do exactly? Are you loading it up as an image sequence?

When loading an image you can just pick an .avi or .mov and the first image of the sequence will load up in the little preview window. It will then act as a animated texture or BG image or whatever you use it for.

For an idea about the codecs LW uses take a look at Save Anim section of the Render Options (Now called Render Globals). Choose Quicktime and click on Options. This will bring up a requester that shows you the various QT settings.