Thread: sports DSK's

sports DSK's

I'm considering purchasing a Tricaster Pro for use at sporting events. Anyone use Pro for this purpose? Does it have DSK graphics such as bugs, lower thirds or score graphics?
    Thanks

TONS of schools and sports teams are using TriCaster!

Notre Dame, Texas A&M, Ravenwood High School and more.

The TriCaster comes with some basic graphics that can be use for keeping score. If you are good at Photoshop, you can make your own.
    Philip Nelson
    NewTek
    CRO - Chief Relationship Officer
    [email protected]
    http://www.newtek.com

Follow NewTek on Twitter!
    @PhilipNelson

Following on Facebook
    /Philip.Nelson

Other than the occasional meeting, sports is the ONLY thing we use our Tricaster for. We have the original tricaster but use it mostly as a backup (and for away games or where we have a small crew) since it falls a little short for us with the number of camera inputs and a few other things since we typically use 5-6 cameras plus replay. We primarily use a truck built around a VT4 and it can do about anything we want it to do. But now that Tricaster studio is out, many of the limitations of the old tricaster are no more.

The CG is quick enough to update for basketball, but will not show a countdown timer, nor can you make a PIP of the scoreboard (easily at least). The graphics are all template based which makes them very easy to change during the game, but making the templates is a headache without a third party plugin (no offense Newtek) but you wouldn't want to use the sports graphics that come with it; they are too few and probably wouldnt match your branding. But the graphics you design on your own can look very good! We've matched them with our other external character generator from a set we created in Photoshop.

This coming year will mark our 15th season of high school sports coverage for regional cable (football/basketball/soccer/swimming/wrestling/you name it). We've also done pro arena football and NCAA D1 basketball, including the Big South conference women's tournament last year, and the ACC All-Star Classic since 1994. We've used a VT4 in our productions for the past year and except for a few glitches been greatly pleased.

Tricaster is a very good tool for sports, but depending on your needs, look at Studio and don't rule out a VT4 system that is almost comparable in price and has many more features.
    Last edited by Tarheel Cougar; 06-25-2007 at 11:22 AM.

Could we setup a upload/download to share files

I would be willing to share some of my overlays from the Tricaster if there were a spot on the site. Would others share overlays or DVE's

Quote Originally Posted by tiff1967
    I would be willing to share some of my overlays from the Tricaster if there were a spot on the site. Would others share overlays or DVE's
    I'd share a few, or at least the PSD's and Toasterscript files so someone can change it around a little. As far as DVE's, the ones I have are mostly logo-specific replay wipes so they can't really be used by anyone else.

You guys ROCK!
    Philip Nelson
    NewTek
    CRO - Chief Relationship Officer
    [email protected]
    http://www.newtek.com

Follow NewTek on Twitter!
    @PhilipNelson

Following on Facebook
    /Philip.Nelson

Philip Can you get a link setup

So can you get a link setup for us Philip?

I'd definately be interested in sharing the gfx.

Quote Originally Posted by corpvid
    Does it have DSK graphics such as bugs, lower thirds or score graphics?
    I have a "jobs-pac" which includes all of these. I just completed a major revision, including an illustrated PDF that explains how some 150 of these templates with 101 Font Styles can be quickly converted for many personal need uses. You can drop me an E-mail at [email protected], and I will E-mail the PDF to you.

Nes Gurley

how can I purchase this "jobs-pac"

Directly from me would be fine. There is an easy and slick install. The pac can be furnished on a USB Thumb Drive that plugs directly into, and updates, your TriCaster.

Another option is to see if your dealer would like to handle the "jobs-pac". You can furnish him the PDF or post me to send.

No matter what, you would want to register your copy with me for upgrades and support. It has been a rather dynamic product. I only stopped upgrading for about the last three months so that I could get the major revision completed.

Nes Gurley

ok