Thread: David Ikeda Interview

David Ikeda Interview

I'm surprised this wasn't posted here. I saw it on Spinquad. Anyway here is an interview of the brilliant David Ikeda of the LightWave Team.

http://pingmag.jp/2007/06/0david-ikeda/
    ASUS G2S | T7500 C2Duo @ 2.20GHz | 4GB RAM | 256MB NVidia 8600M GT | Win 7 Home 64Bit

AMD X6 1090T @ 3.20GHz | 4GB RAM | 1.2GB NVidia 470GTX | Win 7 Pro 64Bit

Cool. Too bad there was no information about what changes are coming soon or otherwise for modeler. Some interviewers just don't know to ask the right questions I guess. The only tidbit I got out of it was that Lightwave is slowly migrating from C to C++.

Quote Originally Posted by chunderburger
    and that 90% of tasks are bug fixes.

10% new stuff?

Well at this point, yes - they are in maintenance cycle. Otherwise they would need two teams. I'm sure that after 9.3 ships they'll get back to work on features etc.

Snosrap

Quote Originally Posted by hrgiger
    Cool. Too bad there was no information about what changes are coming soon or otherwise for modeler. Some interviewers just don't know to ask the right questions I guess. The only tidbit I got out of it was that Lightwave is slowly migrating from C to C++.
    Maybe he just wasn't allowed to say what was coming up?
    LightWave3D training, assets, news and discussion at www.liberty3d.com
    My opinions are my own and do not represent the opinions of any other entity, Liberty3D is not officially endorsed by NewTek.

I'm sure of that. They may have asked him and then they had the questions removed.

Nice. Looks like tool consolidation is coming anyway: "one function that does the same to the vertices as it does for edges and polygons"