Thread: Confused - LW 9.2 still in Beta?

I Accept Free 3D Training smmurph's Avatar

Confused - LW 9.2 still in Beta?

I am looking everywhere and I can't tell ... I read the last Newtek newsletter and it says all lightwave 9 owners should run to their reg page because LW 9.2 has been released, but I went to my reg page and all I see is an icon to sign up for the Beta ... and two upgrade icons that say upgrade to v9. Am I missing something or is it still in Beta??
    The future ain't what it used to be - Yogi Berra

I Accept Free 3D Training smmurph's Avatar
    Thanks I finally found it after searching for about an hour ... coming from a web design background I would say the navigation is horrible on the Newtek site ... a person should never have to search blindly links trying to find anything.

Just my 2 cents!
    The future ain't what it used to be - Yogi Berra

Why does the release version of 9.2 have an earlier date (4-28-07) than the latest beta patch which is 6-01-07?

Quote Originally Posted by js33
    Why does the release version of 9.2 have an earlier date (4-28-07) than the latest beta patch which is 6-01-07?

I think they're fixing a few things that didn't show up prior to the release of 9.2 and are planning a patch for it. That'd be my guess anyway.
    no comment

Quote Originally Posted by js33
    Because the latest beta patch is for LightWave v9.2 PR1, an upcoming free incremental release.

So I guess I should install the beta build and not the release build?

Heffalump
    Depends if you want stable or beta software. There is a difference. You'll also have to agree to the OpenBeta terms for the beta software, and confine related posts to the OpenBeta area of these forums.
    Inactive.

I'm already in the openbeta.