Thread: AutoCAD Renderer vrs Lightwave

Newbie Member

AutoCAD Renderer vrs Lightwave

Hello all, I have a general question if anybody might have an opinion...

I have used AutoCAD since version 8, and used land development desktop. I have started my own business and modeling houses, decks and basically anything that is structurual. I have drawn 3D in Autocad but never really messed with the whole "render" engine autodesk uses.

Does any body know the "benefits" of Lightwave over autoCads render?.. IE Speed, texturing abilities, animation.. I'm just trying to put my sales portfolio together and I have run in to question inside my head. Like if someone just says "Why don't you just use AutoCAD??".. .. And obviously I know I'm not dimensioning any of this stuff or using it for technical plan set... I have used Lightwave for 2 years and know it by far surpasses auto cads render but, I am having a hard time getting the words for benifits...

Some exmpls:: I have, Photo-realistic, ability to put together slide presentations...

hehehe sorry if this sounds stupid, but its some kind of writters block for me ;-)

Peace!!!

I don't think there really IS a comparison. Old R12 for DOS user here.

The best renderer for Autocad is Lightscape, it is still the best renderer ever, and brings in autocad info flawlessly, but sadly it is not supported anymore by Discreet, the next best thing is VIZ by discreet / autodesk, Viz uses the same technology taken from lightscape but is poorly implemented in Viz,

Those would be the best external renderers for autocad

internal renderer,,, there is Radiance, it is free and is built on the second tier generation that brought lightscape technology out.

after that you could bring it into a program like lightwave and render.

But really,, the best and grand-daddy of all photoreal renderers is lightscape!!!