Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Capture Request

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Brunson
    Being able to save the batch capture file allows you to delete the files and re-grab the exact same video file off the tape when its needed again.
    Gotcha, the way it was worded, I thought you meant you wanted to capture, make a batch capture list, and then recapure immediately - not for later recapture.

As a note in the regard, as long as you're capturing a format that properly feeds its timecode to speed edit through the firewire, you can recapture with auto-chop, or as a full run, and the instance files will still work with it, so long as the file names and paths are the same.

Billmi you are awesome!
    Not really. People just see me with my wife and think that since she spends time with me I must be awesome.

I had no clue you can do that and it would have only been by sheer accident that I would have discovered you could. I'll definetly will be using that feature going forward. Thanks!
    It really makes things easy. I was disappointed to see batch capture not in Speed Edit, but no big deal because I still have it in VT[4]. However, once I started cutting instance files, or autochopping and sub-projecting shots I wanted to deal with as a single clip, I haven't been using batch capture anymore.
    Toasting with NewTek since 1991 - Corinthian Media Services
    Riding Quiet on an Electric Ninja.

Newbie Member
    An automatic scene detection that creates a new file everytime there's a change in the date/time stamp would do it. Corel's Media Studio Pro does it.

XDCAM HD production ScorpioProd's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by regalenter
    An automatic scene detection that creates a new file everytime there's a change in the date/time stamp would do it. Corel's Media Studio Pro does it.
    SpeedEDIT has this.
    Eugene
    Scorpio Productions

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12