Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: VT DVE and Effects in SpeedEdit

Quote Originally Posted by iainbyoung
    When I was using Premiere Pro, I used a plugin called SpiceMaster by Pixelan (http://www.pixelan.com/sm25/intro.htm). I was hoping to find similar effects for SpeedEdit...

Is it possible to create my own dves? (i.e. without having to use Lightwave to render them every time via LWConnect)
    There's an ancient tutorial of mine on the old NewTekPro website showing how to use Aura to convert 'spice' style images to custom DVE's. Aura standalone is off the market now, but if you have a VT, you've got it - or Mirage can do the trick, though it's slightly different.

The 3D style DVE's are created with a special compiler and LightWave ... trickier and slower, but there are thread in this forum on the subject, and I think someone even built an 'interface' for the compiler. Someone here will know about this...
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Unforunately I've not got a VT (SpeedEdit is my first Newtek editor having just given up on Premiere) so Aura is not an option. Mirage sounds interesting though. Do you know of any tutorials anywhere for doing this?

The 3d stuff is more promising. I have got Lightwave 9.2 and my day job is computer programming, so I don't mind getting my hands dirty with a bit of coding if necessary I'll have a search through the VT forum and see if I can dig some information up...

Thanks,
    Iain

Mirage has everything that is in Aura, X 5 it seems. There are tutorials on the disk and on the bauhausesoftware site. You can even output the timeline over firewire, just like SE. Your choice, but Mirage is a keyframe paint program, I'm not aware if PhotoShop, Corel DawgWaffel ect ect can do.

There is a DVE creator in Aura, you can apply the same steps to in Mirage. Don't be fooled over at eBay with Aura1.0, unless it has a Dongel. Aura LW Edition is Dongeled to LW. iow, there was a free version, people will try to sell. I do my own custom DVE's.

LWConnect is another fast way of making custom DVE's from BobFX.com. I will be buying BobFX utilites, once the 1.x update is done, and Bob codes the SDK for his products.

SE/LW/Mirage and BobFX on one PC that has a Video I/O, limited to FireWire at the moment, would make a nice simple NLE to do most everything you want with editing video, imho. Well a nice simple Raid 0 would certainly help, SATA or IDE.

BestWishes on whatever you decide.
    GoodLuck KiloVideo

Digitizing video since 1984
    HyMPG Designer since 1997
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by KiloWatkins
    There is a DVE creator in Aura, you can apply the same steps to in Mirage.
    There are docs on the DVE compiler for Aura and Mirage, and the Aura tute I mentioned above will basically work in Mirage, though the tools are re=arranged a bit.

One thing to note - due to changes in the way fielding is handled in Mirage, you should create the source project for the DVE in a 60fp Progressive frame project, rather than the usual 29.97fps laced. (Otherwise, the new DVE will wind up being half the expected duration.)
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Thanks folks, some interesting stuff to investigate there. Only just got SpeedEdit and am already loving it. Can't wait to start expanding it as well

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234