Thread: CineForm NEO HD?

CineForm NEO HD?

Can SpeedEDIT work with CineForm's NEO HD codec?

http://www.cineform.com/products/NeoHD.htm

Thanks...!
    << Nothing is true, everything is permitted >>

DaVinci Resolve, Fusion, Generation, LightWave, ChronoSculpt, NevronMotion, REDcine-X Pro,
    Nuendo, messiahStudio Pro 5, VT[4] v4.6, SpeedEDIT 2...

Newbie Member
    Has no one got an answer to the Cineform 2K question ?
    (If Speed edit can do it I don't have to go back to Prem)

Newbie Member
    Yes it works, 8-bit anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodad
    Has no one got an answer to the Cineform 2K question ?
    (If Speed edit can do it I don't have to go back to Prem)
    [url]www.imagicdigital.com[/url]

I do not recommend Cineform products. My experiences with the companies tech support have left me jaded.
    I paid good money for a Cineform product and it triggered my anti virus. When I called the Cineform techs they said I should simply remove all anti virus checkers. They assured me that their were no viruses in the product but no anti virus should be run.
    Upon upgrading my systems video card and OS from win2000 to XP they have refused to give me a reactivation code for my paid for software.
    If you decide to deal with them do so knowing that they are nowhere near the support that Newtek provides.

Newbie Member
    I agree with all this, plus Cineform's codec causes an error in Vista (which is not fully supported yet). Also Cineform is not totally lossless, and their intermediate quality setting causes an instant degradation of video quality. I'm much happier using the NewTek SpeedHQ codec, or HuffYUV. The flip-side is that Cineform can extract 24p during transcoding, and perform a few other tricks. Highest quality compression looks decent.

Quote Originally Posted by jimtruelove
    I do not recommend Cineform products. My experiences with the companies tech support have left me jaded.
    I paid good money for a Cineform product and it triggered my anti virus. When I called the Cineform techs they said I should simply remove all anti virus checkers. They assured me that their were no viruses in the product but no anti virus should be run.
    Upon upgrading my systems video card and OS from win2000 to XP they have refused to give me a reactivation code for my paid for software.
    If you decide to deal with them do so knowing that they are nowhere near the support that Newtek provides.
    [url]www.imagicdigital.com[/url]

I'm looking for a solution to capture the live 1920x1080/24p stream from my Canon HV20 via HDMI to something that will provide a good chromakey in Fusion, and it editable in SpeedEDIT.

DaVinci Resolve, Fusion, Generation, LightWave, ChronoSculpt, NevronMotion, REDcine-X Pro,

I used the Cineform HDConnect codec with VT[4] when I needed to edit native HD material (without downconverting) in VT before Speed Edit was available. It worked fine (albeit slow). I captured the HD footage with HDConnect and then VT automatically scaled the clips to SD. I don't know if this has anything to do with your question, but it is what I experienced.

Quote Originally Posted by kleima
    I used the Cineform HDConnect codec with VT[4] when I needed to edit native HD material (without downconverting) in VT before Speed Edit was available. It worked fine (albeit slow). I captured the HD footage with HDConnect and then VT automatically scaled the clips to SD. I don't know if this has anything to do with your question, but it is what I experienced.
    Thanks. I recall your post at the time.

I downloaded the NEO player to make the codec available and some sample footage. Seems to work in SE, although the framerate may have been a bit slow on my laptop.

Stivan

problem with 24p

Beware, the 24p is not easy to extract from the tape of the HV20. Ive discovered a nasty little problem with this.

http://www.box.net/shared/static/15ydiu43co.jpg
    "O K, so what's the speed of dark?"

Demo reel 2017
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOOixvRhcs4

Cineform HDV - Capture problem with Vista / Speed Edit

The last couple of days I was working with Cineform HDV. I am using Windoes Vista and Speed Edit 1.5.

This program caused instant crashes with my system. Tech mention that they have a capture problem with Vista.

I handle the known issues with SpeedEDIT and a capture problem with Vista is unknown to me. After checking with tech support, they are unaware of any known capture problems on Vista.

If there are, please let me know so that we can take care of the problem.

As far as the Cineform codecs, the last version I tried caused no problems in SpeedEDIT. However, there are many free codec packs that you can download that do cause severe problems. These are usually either buggy codecs or those that can not correctly handle heavily multi-threaded applications.
    John Perkins
    Software Engineer

"No, it's my natural color..."

Mr. Rid, thanks for posting your demo. I will Katchup when I Mustard up the time! Try this, befor taking to Premiere, rt.clk and render/convert to a 4224 or 4444 codec, then put the footage in SPEdit. I'm thinking the only reason you took it to Prem, was you could not load in SE. Even Super, TIA JimC, at www.erightsoft.com will likely convert to as uncompressed as possible. It is nice to know JP is the Codec Farmer in the (h)..Dell! LOL Everyone needs more than any 1 app. in todays codec wars.

GoodLuck
    GoodLuck KiloVideo

Digitizing video since 1984
    HyMPG Designer since 1997
    [email protected]