Thread: SpeedEdit colored keyboard?

Nocturnal Crouton Flinger JackJ's Avatar

SpeedEdit colored keyboard?

I did some searching on this, but all the most recent comments seem mostly focused on how great VT2 will be when it finally comes out. Does anyone know if there's a SpeedEDIT-specific (or even a fairly recent version of Toaster) keyboard available? Its not for myself, you understand. Think of the children.

Even a good sticker-set or the latest thing in popping off keycaps and rearranging them in a way that doesn't spell out dirty haikus would be welcome. What does the long one across the bottom do again?

JackJ

Use the anykey Jack!

FCP had one years ago. Guess with a set of colors you could make your own on a $10.00 keybd.

GoodLuck
    GoodLuck KiloVideo

Digitizing video since 1984
    HyMPG Designer since 1997
    [email protected]

I think the closest thing was the one Brian Baron did - not positive, but I think they may be out of production. (Brian's probably lurking around here somewhere ...)
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Or, whenever they ship, use a nice Optimus keyboard : http://www.artlebedev.com/everything/optimus/
    I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious. - Albert Einstein
    visit my company site : House of Secrets
    visit my personal site : svenneve.com

Well red, those added keys do look nice. I can't even find a brand name on this 2 year old $10 buck keybd, but the typeing is easy and now if I could just spleel!

TIA
    GoodLuck KiloVideo

Digitizing video since 1984
    HyMPG Designer since 1997
    [email protected]

Las Vegas Toaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Red_Oddity
    Or, whenever they ship, use a nice Optimus keyboard : http://www.artlebedev.com/everything/optimus/
    I need one of these keyboards!!!
    Brett Beanan

Nocturnal Crouton Flinger JackJ's Avatar
    Don't do any live switching here, but that would be really cool if you could direct previews from the switcher to the actual button you press to switch. Using it would give me the jibblies though. I've got a deeply ingrained aversion to fingerprints on the monitors.

We actually have one of the old [ "short" Cutting ] boards around here somewhere, but several things have changed since VT2, and I'm trying not to confuse the user I'm helping any more (they wanna see them Skittles keys like they had with Avid). I was a little miffed though that even companies that make generic boards with sticker-set add-ons seem to cover every NLE (even down to Microsoft Movie Maker), but anything NewTek is left out. No respect, I tells ya. We get no respect.

http://www.bella-usa.com/DV.htm