Thread: No Audio On VOB Files

Newbie Member

No Audio On VOB Files

I don't have the equipment to directly capture a DVD to my home PC with Speed Edit, but i have found that i can capture it by going to filebin and finding the VOB file and dragging it to the timeline. The only problem is, i'm not getting any audio for it. some of my friends who also have Speed Edit are getting their audio to work, but mine isn't and i've reinstalled it twice. I don't have a Gig of RAM as is suggeted, rather 512 MB, but it seems to work just fine. I can play anything else and get audio, but when i import VOB Files...no audio. I'm trying to find a way how to edit my own videos without having to render them out to those huge files, so that i can just take my projects and render them out at the studio where we do have the equipment to handle it.

I simply don't have enough memory on my PC to rip DVDs that are going to be about 4-7 Gigs a piece, so sticking with the non-rendered project which totals only a few KB that i can transfer and render later is much better.

Any ideas guys?

CD

Newbie Member
    anyone....

--
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Yes Steve. But since you don't know if the VOB was created from an ES (.m2v) or an Mpeg2, well the link may fix it. But were we not informed to just rename .VOB to .mpg? I might be thinking of something else.

GoodLuck
    GoodLuck KiloVideo

Digitizing video since 1984
    HyMPG Designer since 1997
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by KiloWatkins
    But were we not informed to just rename .VOB to .mpg?
    That works sometimes.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")