Thread: Video Fill for Text

Video Fill for Text

FCP, Avid, Liquid and Vegas can all browse for a file to fill text. Also a record mix function similar to Liquid (surround controls are cool too). Maybe we can already do this?

http://www.studiodaily.com/main/searchlist/7527.html

Hmmm - I thought this worked, but it doesn't seem to actually - unless I'm missing something. The Texture option lists RTV (though not AVI) in the file selection window filters, but it doesn't seem to work.

Unless I'm missing something, about the only way to do this then would be to cut out the text as a hole in a still. Video placed above the 'hole' would show through it ...
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

rtv fill in text

Maybe I could just render some jumpbacks in .rtv and use them in text, but I have not seen the .rtv option in the text fill browser.

It's in the Texture section - but animated fills don't seem to be supported at present. I tried .rtv and .avi already, also an image sequence.

(If you have a VT, this would be quite easy in Aura ....)
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Here is something that I do in Vt4. I assume you could do it in SpeedEdit. I create the graphic in the CG or Photoshop and apply whatever edging I want, then apply a "chroma key" green color to the part I want replaced. I place the graphic on the timeline and key in the video that I want and render it out with an alpha, then bring it into the project and key it over background. It actually works pretty darn good. I do the same in creating traveling masks.

Yeah, that's similar to the technique I mentioned in the second post in this thread. I think this feature should be directly supported, mind you.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie
    Yeah, that's similar to the technique I mentioned in the second post in this thread. I think this feature should be directly supported, mind you.
    I agree Steve. To me it seems like a basic tool. It's something that I was able to do in the linear edit world for many years. Sometimes I wish that NewTek could just copy many of the features of a basic Grass Valley Switcher and DVE and apply those features to their edit software.
    Last edited by tfrank; 04-24-2007 at 03:30 PM.

TC User Group
    Yet another feature that was requested in VT2.

Ivan