Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Netek! I want something like this

Many of us here started out back in the day with 8 bit colour, then the wonders of HAM8. 24 bit colour kicked the doors open, so liberating, so many less restrictions ("Floyd Steinberg, begone!")

Uncompressed (thank you NewTek!) was another gate crasher ('yet here we are, compressed again' -- sounds like a C&W song lyric) ... to me, affordable end-to-end HDRI is going to be the next big one. I've been saying this for a couple years now, can't wait!
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Hola
    I have been doing color correction with the Toaster scince version 1 with Razor, now the latest thing I finished is a short film shot on 16mm transfered in my cintel telecine, I color corrected the primaries on a Da Vinci, to give the short 3 different looks, also I had to match 3 different color film stock, and a bw reversal. The secondaries only a couple of them one was done in the Da Vinci straight out from the telecine and the other was done on the digitized footage.
    As for Apple Color I saw the demos at NAB, first they said it was a 1 light transfer, not true it was already graded from the the telecine suite, with a DaVinci or Poggle. They just changed the grade with Color and added filters and looks.
    We can acomplish this this in SpeedEDIT as well, just don't expect that an HDV clip will end up looking as good as a s16mm or 35mm footage.
    I can post some stills from the short if you like.
    NewTek was ussing some 35mm shots to demo the color correction of SpeedEDIT, that I provided to them, the Tequila fields.
    But I must admit that I liked that Apple included Color in their FCP bundle.
    As of the RED camera I didint like their attitude at NAB, and the camera still shows some problems in the cadence of fast movements, and other thing when is it shipping?
    For that kind of digital cinema cameras I liked very much the Silicon Imaging camera shipping in June, is better than the Arri Digital camera and of course better than the Red.
    Thanks

Auto White Balance

Beni, you are obviosly using the best color correction out there before you even capture, but I was curious if you have ever used the auto white balance feature in Speededit? Once I get color corrected telecines from the lab, I am always concerned about correcting in NLE's.

apple editor

of course thre was some great footage, great blondes and heck... I did not know ducati will still in the motorcycle business......

what a rush.....

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Peterson
    As impressive as NewTek's innovation of allowing color correction right on a scope or waveform, think about combining it with THIS!

How about it Newtek?

speed edit is onlty fast if you alreay understand the toaster layout end methodolighy... unfurtunatly I find it does not really seem to flow for me. I am used to movie maker and vegas by sony.... i suspect most of you grew up with the toaster interface?

Quote Originally Posted by imagic
    Apple relentlessly promotes their products through impressive advertisements. Their products are great, but... but usually not as great as their ads.

I don't make $100,000+ TV ads for a living... I do my own editing and Speed matters alot. Vegas 7 and After Effects are also a capable combo, but SpeedEdit is indeed something different... it really is faster to use for "everyday" work.

obfuscated SDK hacker Lightwolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by couryhouse
    i suspect most of you grew up with the toaster interface?
    Well, I for sure didn't. Speed Razor, Premiere (various versions), discreet edit* (hands down the fastest for straight editing and a shame it died), now SE.
    SE for me is the second quickest to work with for simple edits and the fastest once you need to tweak a bit. It still has its issues though (feature wise).

Cheers,
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie
    Many of us here started out back in the day with 8 bit colour, then the wonders of HAM8. 24 bit colour kicked the doors open, so liberating, so many less restrictions ("Floyd Steinberg, begone!")

Uncompressed (thank you NewTek!) was another gate crasher ('yet here we are, compressed again' -- sounds like a C&W song lyric) ... to me, affordable end-to-end HDRI is going to be the next big one. I've been saying this for a couple years now, can't wait!
    For two years Uh....Haven't I been shouting out of the desert on HDR...for at least 6 years or longer

From acquisition thru editing, FX's and post...to master.
    To output to any other format for distribution....

Maintains the best CC options. Contrast, highlights/blacks, etc...makes all transitions and FXs look more natural..as well as the perseved colors are more to how our eyes work.

Allows for less light kits on set...if you can capture with mulitple F stops...then blend them...either on location or in post....

Oh don't get me started on HDR...

I want HDR end to end...!!!!!

Cheers,

Ray
    Ray Adams
    FX and Production Supervisor

>I want HDR end to end...!!!!!
    Why cant NewTek do this?
    Aquire and output end to end HDRI? Use Wavelet like the RED does.
    That was fantastic footage.

Bob
    bobt_at_bobfx_com
    www.bobfx.com
    Bob Tasa

Apple's Color is designed for detail work when you start using the advance toolset in the program. This will SLOOOOWW you down. Speededit is designed to edit fast. A simple color correction tool is good enough.

HDR support would be sweet though.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123