Thread: Exporting uncompressed avi in Premiere

Plum Moving Media

Exporting uncompressed avi in Premiere

Hi,
    We've been having problems with reversed fields when exporting uncompressed avis in Premiere Pro 2.0 for use in VT4, standalone Speededit, or Matrox RTX.100. The export works fine if we output as a DV avi. But when we export as an uncompressed avi as either 720x486/720x480, upper or lower field first, the fields always playback reversed.

As a workaround, we've exported premiere projects to AE and then outputted to rtv, which works, but is obviously a lot more time.

Does anyone have a magical workflow to make these systems play together nicely? Boy, I wish Premiere could play rtvs natively.

Thanks,
    Kevin Petajan
    ------------------------------------
    Milwaukee, WI

Friend of "The Old Guy"
    SpeedEDIT can change fields. In the control tree - Layer Settings - Fielding.

Plum Moving Media
    Hey, Jeff, thanks for the reply. I hope you're doing well! But, what about VT4edit? It's weird to me that the same field order but set to the standard DV codec works in VTedit, but not the uncompressed version... all from Prempro 2.0. ??
    Thanks,
    Kevin
    ------------------------------------
    Milwaukee, WI

Rtv

The rtv files as we know them are a dinosaur of the video world.
    Accordin to what I have heard, the file format will still be handled in the future by newtek products but will be replaced by other more "friendly" codecs that come available. NewTek has expressed it wants more compatibility with other compositing programs.
    This will probably begin with vt5.
    Pete
    Pete Draves
    CV Productions
    Oak Creek, WI
    [email protected]