Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Adobe Photoshop CS3 and Lightwave

Adobe Photoshop CS3 and Lightwave

LightWave Rendition for Adobe Photoshop

Realize the full potential of the new 3D capabilities in Photoshop CS3 Extended with this new render plug-in, powered by the Emmy-award winning lighting and rendering system found in LightWave 3D.

http://www.adobe.com/products/photos.../motiondesign/

Nice to see newtek wokin with Adobe folk. Not sure what it does as of yet though.
    Shuttle XPCVista 64 bit /Core2Extreme x9650 3.00GHz 8GB GeForce 8800 GTS 512 Cintiq 21UX
    Dell 24" LCD Dell XT2 Tablet /Win 7 32 Bit /Core 2 duo SU9600 1.6 GHz 3GB / Mobil Intel 4500MHD

wow!,.. this could be really cool.

Hmmm... What does it do...

Quote Originally Posted by Wade
    ...Nice to see newtek wokin with Adobe folk. ....
    Yes, there's nothing like cooking up a bunch of Chinese food to get those creative juices flowing for application development!

Since I already have CS2 I wasn't really going to pay much attention to CS3 but this Extended version has now really piqued my interest!
    Last edited by Signal to Noise; 03-27-2007 at 08:11 AM.
    Humans are pretty much monkeys with car keys.

Quote Originally Posted by TSpyrison
    Hmmm... What does it do...
    http://www.adobe.com/products/photos...s/allfeatures/

from the adobe site...

3D compositing and texture editing

Easily render and incorporate rich 3D content into your 2D composites — even edit existing textures on 3D models directly within Photoshop Extended and immediately see the results. Photoshop Extended supports common 3D interchange formats, including 3DS, OBJ, U3D, KMZ, and COLLADA, so you can import, view, and interact with most 3D models.
    Integration with Adobe Acrobat 8 software

Create, modify, and collaborate on 3D content more easily through tight integration between Photoshop CS3 Extended and Acrobat® 3D software. Convert myriad 3D CAD formats to the robust U3D interchange format, enhance models and create composites with Photoshop Extended, and easily embed 3D models created in Photoshop Extended into PDF files to distribute for review.
    Enhanced Vanishing Point with 3D support

Edit in perspective on multiple surfaces — even those connected at angles other than 90 degrees — with the enhanced Vanishing Point, which also lets you measure in perspective; wrap graphics, images, and text around multiple planes; and output 2D planes as 3D models.

"even edit existing textures on 3D models directly within Photoshop Extended"

Hmmm, now that's interesting, I'd heard that was a false rumour, sounds like PS really will be a 3d painter!?
    Mac OS10.5.2, Quad 2.66GHz Mac Pro, 3Gb RAM Geforce 7300GT 256mb VRAM

^BazC, but doesn't it seem like you'll be able to paint on the object after the fact? not like you can paint on them and then bring it back in to the 3d app. to continue to render and adjust? I'll be curious to see it in actual use....

maybe it's the new name for PSD output in LW, LOL

markus
    3dworks visual computing
    demo reel on vimeo
    instagram

OSX 10.12.x, macpro 5.1, nvidia gtx 980 ti, LW2015.x / 2018.x, octane 3.x

Oh this is cool. I was convinced I was not going to upgrade to CS3 but if this plays out like it look like it might, I just might have to go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffrySG
    ^BazC, but doesn't it seem like you'll be able to paint on the object after the fact? not like you can paint on them and then bring it back in to the 3d app. to continue to render and adjust? I'll be curious to see it in actual use....
    Maybe. I'm looking forward to this with more curiosity than I was originally too!
    Mac OS10.5.2, Quad 2.66GHz Mac Pro, 3Gb RAM Geforce 7300GT 256mb VRAM

Quote Originally Posted by BazC
    .....I'm looking forward to this with more curiosity than I was originally too!
    agreed

i'd like to mention heaps of praise to the newtek team for a) possesing a renderer strong enough to impress the devs at adobe, and b) going out and selling/licensing it to industry leaders. adobe is riding the 'wave , as will it's untold numbers of users
    We are pirates, we are artists...

Blog

Yeah this is great marketing for LW.

[QUOTE=Signal to Noise]Yes, there's nothing like cooking up a bunch of Chinese food to get those creative juices flowing for application development!

LOL just call me Mr. Typo
    Shuttle XPCVista 64 bit /Core2Extreme x9650 3.00GHz 8GB GeForce 8800 GTS 512 Cintiq 21UX
    Dell 24" LCD Dell XT2 Tablet /Win 7 32 Bit /Core 2 duo SU9600 1.6 GHz 3GB / Mobil Intel 4500MHD

Afterthought: Is this Adobe's way of poising themselves to...ahem!..."acquire" Newtek thereby gaining a true foothold in the 3D market?
    Humans are pretty much monkeys with car keys.

Witty remark goes here. TheDynamo's Avatar

announcing New Adobe Lightwave V9.3

Sorry, it currently only comes included with the Adobe Production Studio CS 3.5 and the upgrade price is $1800 from photoshop CS2. Thank you for inquiring with Adobe.

--bzzzt!

...Sorry but my screen turned into a crystal ball there.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast