Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Crashed 12 times today so far

Crashed 12 times today so far

I am so sick of going to the redo stack to pick up the pieces, I am trying to complete a job today and I am stuck working this way for now. Tomorrow I need to take my system to someone in the SF bay area to replicate these crashes in front of a tech, does NEWTEK know anyone in Northern CA that can help me?????????????????????????

Are you using SE on your Avid system? The quickstart quide gives several install choices, so if it is on your Avid C: drive, you may want to reconsider where to SE install. Certainly could be crashing, if anything Avid is configured at startup, by the clock. I had an Avid user tell me his system did not use VM/PageFile.sys, which any M$ OS is built around. Is this true for you?
    GoodLuck KiloVideo

Digitizing video since 1984
    HyMPG Designer since 1997
    [email protected]

Crashola

I have Speededit on it's own dedicated system: Duo core, 3gb ram, 1 tb drive. It works great, but keeps crashing randomly every 20 minutes or so, it is so frustrating to work through this. I cannot replicate the errors, it just seems to get tired and quit. The last crash was when I tried to move a .vob file in the timeline, I am open to any theory.

Maybe Not Related

My problems may not be related to yours, but I discovered that, since SpeedEd makes full use of whatever resources are available, those resources need to be totally solid. We recently built a system for SpeedEd, and it ran everything fine except SpeedEd. Arrrgh....
    The problem turned out to be a slightly flakey GPU in the video card. The only clue that anything was amiss was when we switched from H-Span to dual-view, we got some ghosting. Had we been running on a single-monitor setup, we would have had no reason to suspect that piece of hardware.
    Maddening, 2 B sure -- we feel your pain.

It's ALL about the light Paul Lara's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bobgilles
    does NEWTEK know anyone in Northern CA that can help me?
    Where in N. CA?
    My own guess is that it might be the graphics driver, but you don't give us much information to work with.
    Don't stream it - TriCast it!

7900 gs card with 93.71 driver

I installed the older version driver for the nvidia card, should I go buy a new card?

I wish I saw this earlier. I've been in San Ramon but heading South today. I would have loved to come by.
    Since so many people seem to be solving problems by getting a new video card or changing drivers, I think this would be my first choice.
    Best of luck!
    Ted R. Ruiz Sr.
    Ad-Venture Video Productions
    Elite NewTek Dealer
    www.editbay.tv
    TriCasters, Most All Models
    Cameras-Mostly HVX 200's

Test

Any way you could just borrow one for a test? I took mine to a repair guy I've been semi-friends with for years, he charged me a token half-hour bench time
    and let me install a card out of his inventory. I ran the machine in his shop for about 90 minutes, everything was fine, I bought his card....

This is my 3rd graphics card

I have been through 2 cards already, I was told that the 7900gs with the 93.71 driver was solid with SE, any suggestions?

Is there a Newtek Dealer or Tech in Northern CA

I am at ILM in San Rafael CA, I will drive anywhere to deal with this. Hopefully, I won't have to drive to Vegas for NAB, but that may be my only option.

You know, while there may certainly be optimal choices, most of the recent nVidia offerings should be at least stable. I find myself wondering whether the issue of a driver has inadvertently been examined too hastily.

It is not always a simple case of 'install a different driver' to get a driver to actually replace an existing one. I've had cases where I had to boot into VGA and disable the current driver before the replacement would 'take' ...
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Error Log

I went into the viewer and I get this one allot:

Faulting application speededit.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module devices.audiovideo.ffmpeg.dll, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x00017e22.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

And this one..........

Faulting application speededit.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x00000001.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

and this every so often...........

Hanging application SpeedEDIT.exe, version 0.0.0.0, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.

The last crash of the evening

Faulting application speededit.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module devices.audiovideo.ffmpeg.dll, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x00017e22.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast