Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Babylon 5 returns!

Quote Originally Posted by cresshead
    g'kar was tortured but had a huge inner strength that took him thru it.
    Like the fun he had when they gave him a cybernetic eye. naughty G'kar
    fauxWaver \foʊ-wāv-er\, n. one who likes LightWave, but shuns car-anologies.

How Old? Really? Aww Heck colkai's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cresshead
    In the lift when Vir apologises to G'kar for the slaughter of his people, and G'kar slashes his own hand, and holds it up dripping blood and starts chanting "Dead, dead, dead, dead, dead..." That scared the crop out of me.
    Abso-fraggin-lutely.
    Much missed is Andreas, I was just lucky enough to meet him and see him and Peter work together onstage at a B5 convention, that was truly hi-larious.
    G'Kar and Londo as lovers - oh man - you HAD to be there

I love that things were alluded to in Season1 ep.1 which only played out 2 or 3 seasons later, when a "casual aside" comment suddenly had a whole new meaning. I even loved the cheesy dialogue too, we are humna, who's to say we still won't be saying childish and inane things centuries from now?

Plus, my fav.

"Are you threatening me Mr Bester? - Death, been there, done that"
    Too old to die young.

Every time I watch Tron - and that's pretty often since my son adores the film - I see Peter Jurasik saying "who does he calculate he is?" and think of B5. Really must watch it again...

B
    Ben Vost - NewTek LightWave 3D development
    LightWave 3D Trial Edition
    AMD Threadripper 1950X, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 32GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti (4GB and 768 CUDA cores) and GTX 1080 (8GB and 2560 CUDA cores) driver version 430.86
    AMD FX8350 4.2 GHz, Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium 64-bit, 16GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti (416.34, 4GB and 768 CUDA cores)
    Dell Server, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Xeon E3-1220 @3.10 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Quadro K620
    Laptop with Intel i7, nVidia Quadro 2000Mw/ 2GB (377.83 and 192 CUDA cores), Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 8GB RAM
    Mac Mini 2.26 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, 10.10.3

I wonder which fan models they used as reference? I have my fingers crossed on this, but based in previous B5 films, it has an above average chance of being a pile of dogshit.

Cheers!
    Craig A Clark
    Scorpio CGI
    My TWITTER

Did you release any of your B5 models, Craig? If so, I'd be unsurprised if your name was on the list....
    Mark Hennessy-Barrett
    www.imaginetix.co.uk
    www.shaxam.com
    ...and then I was on fire.

Most of them were released actually I think, except for the starfury which I never did get finished.

If they make the film as good as an over all package as "In the Beginning" I'll be well happy. I watched that one soo many times.... but all the others were crap.

Cheers!
    Craig A Clark
    Scorpio CGI
    My TWITTER

Mmm. I tend to agree - though watching River of Souls after an episode of The West Wing can't help but be entertaining.

From what my incredibly well-informed inside sources (AHHHhhahahhaha) tell me, it's more a couple of episodes than a movie per se. I really don't have a problem with that...
    Mark Hennessy-Barrett
    www.imaginetix.co.uk
    www.shaxam.com
    ...and then I was on fire.

If they don't screw it up, I'm good with any incarnation
    Craig A Clark
    Scorpio CGI
    My TWITTER

I don't know Craig, but every time I bring up the topic of B5 models around Fabio, I get these cryptic smilie replies...

You wouldn't be saying Fabio's work is crap would yah?

j/k

I know you are refering to the story and presentation, not so much the CG...

I have larger faith in this round of CG than B5:LotR, since Alec has more input in the matter this time around.
    Last edited by LW_jackn; 03-16-2007 at 11:31 AM.
    -Jack
    VFX Modeler / Animator / ex-Foundry worker (FI) / ex-B5: Itf Developer (Sierra)
    Home Portal

''thirdspace'' was a pretty good b5 related film i thought.
    hope they do more!...i'm currently looking for some narn reference images
    as i've just bought z brush and would love to eventually create a G'kar bust/character this year.
    stee+cat
    http://www.cresshead.com/

Q - How many polys?
    A - All of them!

stee+cat
    http://www.cresshead.com/

Q - How many polys?
    A - All of them!

Just because of the age we live in, the CG can't fail, just the plot and script needs to be tip top

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by LW_jackn
    I don't know Craig, but every time I bring up the topic of B5 models around Fabio, I get these cryptic smilie replies...

You wouldn't be saying Fabio's work is crap would yah?

j/k

I know you are refering to the story and presentation, not so much the CG...

I have larger faith in this round of CG than B5:LotR, since Alec has more input in the matter this time around.
    Craig A Clark
    Scorpio CGI
    My TWITTER

Quote Originally Posted by CAClark
    Just because of the age we live in, the CG can't fail, just the plot and script needs to be tip top
    I don't doubt that. JMS always had a strong hand and he's also one of the few writers who can say "no" to a studio boss when he thinks his story doesn't deserve the attention it should. Anyway, as a die-hard "B5" fan (still watching the series 3 or 4 times every year) I'll gladly suck in every dose of my favorite drug, no matter how minor.

Mylenium
    [Pour Mylène, ange sur terre]

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234