Thread: Help in conversions (TrueSpace to Lightwave)

Newbie Member

Help in conversions (TrueSpace to Lightwave)

I have a model of a Bridge from Star Trek: The Next Generation and I am attempting to convert it from truespace to lightwave so I can animate a sequence. I am faced with problems when I use Deep Exploration to convert it. I am getting like over 4500 objects and something unusable.

Now, this only occurs if I name the object something that is usable. What happens is that in Deep Exploration, it sees the model with many axes and such and makes everything a separate object (I believe).

I was just looking for a way to import this bridge and make it really easy to use. I have enclosed a picture of the bridge for your pleasure.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bridge.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	53.1 KB 
ID:	42948  

well if DE won't do it I don't know what to tell you. Try converting it in DE to something else besides LW and then converting it from that format to LW.

Newbie Member
    I was converting to 3DS Max but no help

Give AccuTrans 3D a try. It can convert many formats. You can find it here http://www.micromouse.ca/

If you go to the downloads sections you will be able to try out the 30 day trial version.
    Threadripper 2990WX, X399 MSI MEG Creation, 64GB 2400Mhz RAM, GTX 1070 Ti 8GB

https://www.dynamicrenderings.com/

Newbie Member
    Thanks that program worked great!