Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Speededit interface very slow

no the jpg files are now renamed.jpg.vtb what is that?

Way off base Newtek does make folders (unwanted all over my computer, even in sections I never use SE.
    The Problem is sample: myphoto.jpg get's renamed myphoto,jpg.VTB what is that? that is NOT a jpg format I have ever heard about

I seriously doubt that SE is actually renaming your files. You are correct, however, that is does create the NewTek Info folders. I don't believe it creates them in any location that you don't navigate to at least once using the Filebin.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

For what it's worth, I was navigating on my old Trinity/Globecaster system today and was finding old "play" folders all over the place.
    Ted R. Ruiz Sr.
    Ad-Venture Video Productions
    Elite NewTek Dealer
    www.editbay.tv
    TriCasters, Most All Models
    Cameras-Mostly HVX 200's

Nocturnal Crouton Flinger JackJ's Avatar
    Hmm...not sure how its happening (and I'm away from the system right now) but I think .vtb is the extension thats generated when you trim or alter clips on the timeline and then drag them back into the file bin. Instead of .jpg, it reads as .jpg.vtb (I think), and if you grab that one and drag it back onto the timeline, it will have the same changes/duration as the one you dragged in there.

Is there a chance that the files are being saved with additional, SpeedEDIT specific information for some reason?

JackJ

Your save after capture to another (Newtek) codec should fix this for now. Please do send John what he needs, so he might find something new for the codec/format or changed since they included it for SE. Send your Cache in Prefs to another drive, other than the drive SE is on. Turning OFF some Pref settings, rollover projects and previews can help. And NEVER close SE down with a folder of pics in the filebin showing. When you startup SE again, it will want to load all the pics befor SE will start, and if rollovers are on in Prefs, make thumbs.

GoodLuck
    GoodLuck KiloVideo

Digitizing video since 1984
    HyMPG Designer since 1997
    [email protected]

Name is changed but its n Icon representation of the file.
    Thats whats in there.

Quote Originally Posted by JackJ
    Hmm...not sure how its happening (and I'm away from the system right now) but I think .vtb is the extension thats generated when you trim or alter clips on the timeline and then drag them back into the file bin. Instead of .jpg, it reads as .jpg.vtb (I think), and if you grab that one and drag it back onto the timeline, it will have the same changes/duration as the one you dragged in there.

Is there a chance that the files are being saved with additional, SpeedEDIT specific information for some reason?

JackJ
    What your referring to here is a 'file instance', and yes you are correct. This is not a full-fledged duplicate of the source file - really just a small file comprising a file pointer and relevant metadata. The file extension is an indication of that fact, not an error.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Nocturnal Crouton Flinger JackJ's Avatar
    Sure, Steve. Just wondering if something in the way they're capturing or manipulating the folders is causing the instance extension to show up, or if its something out of their control, like the way SE is dealing with a codec (maybe tacking on metadata from the camera somehow)

I'm not clear why you might prefer it hidden. It essentially represents a very useful 'handle' for a special case version of the source file, though not the file itself. The extension makes it identifiable for what it is. Not trying to be argumentative, honestly - just not following, probably my fault.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234