Thread: More Getting Started

Newbie Member

More Getting Started

I'm an editor and purchased 3D Arsenal because it appeared to make using 3D fairly easy.

I have viewed the tutorials and they all seam to pick up after the conclusion of a different tutorial so I never seem to get to the beginning, how do you START using this product? Also to make matters worse I have just switched from the PC to the Mac and I'm not at all confident that I installed the application correctly.

After starting LW I got to File>>Load>>Load Scene>>[dir] Macintosh HD/3D Arsenal Master Content/scenes/3D Arsenal/(pick any file)3D Arsenal Flags/flagwave1.lws >> I get the following error messages -- File Not Found, can't find "Objects/Flags/flag.lwo". Select an alternate file?

If I select "no" the scene loads without the object but if it had motion or a lens flare for example they play fine.

I also find it interesting that there is no help file, I hate to admit it but I really don't mind reading the manual.

I'm sure I might have installed something incorrectly but I have no way of knowing so I'm just looking for some help in getting started correctly.

Can we use the phone support? They where very helpful when I called for the key.

Newbie Member
    Never mind.

After reading the suggestions from a similar post on this forum I was able to figure it out.

I guess part of the confusion stems from the fact that the tutorials aren't really in the order I expected. If there have been others confused by this issue I'd suggest that you direct the user to start with the General Lightwave Tutorials first followed by the 3D Arsenal Tutorials.

I am in the process of redoing all the get started tutorials and they will be available on line and with the new rebranded product soon.

They will be in a specific order meant to be followed.

I appreciate the input and will make it more understanable for first time users.

Thanks
    Don Ballance
    Director of Training for NewTek
    Co-creator of Newtek's Award Winning 3D Arsenal

[email protected]

Newbie Member
    I am switching to 16:9 video. How do I get 3DA into that format?

3d Arsenal is 640 x480

My default setting in 3d Arsenal is 640 x480.

I would like to know too.

You can set any custom resolution in the camera panel.
    There is also a setting for wide screen to set the 16x9 aspect.
    Don Ballance
    Director of Training for NewTek
    Co-creator of Newtek's Award Winning 3D Arsenal

[email protected]