Thread: A few still renderings

A few still renderings

Recent work at Paradigm. The bank used 2d plants placed either as clipmaps in LW or later composited with Photoshop.
    In the small commercial center, 3d models were used for all of the plants.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Barnett-commercial.jpg 
Views:	304 
Size:	166.6 KB 
ID:	41043   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FirstTrustBank.jpg 
Views:	313 
Size:	158.5 KB 
ID:	41044  
    Allen Bussell

Nice work, only the foreground plants in the second picture looks odd. Its hard to focus on that picture especially early in the morning.
    ingo erik moltzen - virtual image maker --- www.im-graphics.com

Nice Allen. Did you use Hd instance on the retail render? If so how long did that take to render in Lightwave render engine?

good works, lighting is pretty nice but imho vegetation in second picture is too saturated - could be intentional though.
    In first picture i dont like asphalt, why dont you try with front projection ? for static pictures nothing can match it.

bye
    Paolo

Paolo - I assume you also use front projection with your grass in stills? If so, when a 3D object casts shadows on to it, do you ever notice that the shadows don't fall and rise with the blades/clumps of grass? Only asking as I really like the work on your site and am thinking of using this technique for my next project.
    - web: http://www.albino-igil.co.uk - 2D/3D Design Studio -
    - PC Spec: Intel i9-7940X @3.1GHz | 64Gb | 2 x GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb | Windows 10 Pro -

no problem if you use slightly blurred shadows, and anyway you should go very near to the grass to see this.

OT question: why the **** this forum takes minutes to show me "quick reply" area ? pages load instantly, but to see this little rectangle i must wait foerver.. anyone ?

Paolo

Nice, But

Stiil #1: There is an odd scale effect from the foreground to background.
    Still #2: The rock wall have too sharpen edges
    Last edited by pixym; 01-19-2007 at 12:03 PM.
    Eddy Marillat - PIXYM
    WS : MB ASUS X299-Pro/SE - i9 7980XE 2,6ghz 18C/36T - 32GB Ram- 2 GTX 1080 TI - Win 10 64
    GPU Net Rig : MB Biostar - Celeron 2,8 ghz 2C/2T - 8GB Ram - 2 RTX 2080 TI - Win 7 64

Quote Originally Posted by vpii
    Nice Allen. Did you use Hd instance on the retail render? If so how long did that take to render in Lightwave render engine?
    Thanks, Michael. Used low poly trees and plants, so no reason to use HD Instance. Fprime renders on both.
    Allen Bussell

Quote Originally Posted by ingo
    Nice work, only the foreground plants in the second picture looks odd. Its hard to focus on that picture especially early in the morning.
    Yeah...probably blurred too much and placed too many into the foreground.
    Allen Bussell

Quote Originally Posted by Pavlov
    good works, lighting is pretty nice but imho vegetation in second picture is too saturated - could be intentional though.
    In first picture i dont like asphalt, why dont you try with front projection ? for static pictures nothing can match it.

bye
    Paolo
    Thank you Paolo. I've never tried front projection before in this way. I'll give it a try. Great idea.
    Allen Bussell

Quote Originally Posted by pixym
    Nice, But

Stiil #1: There is an odd scale effect from the foreground to background.
    Still #2: The rock wall have too sharpen edges
    Thank you. Not sure what you mean on Still No.1 Could you point me to something specific you're seeing.

I know what you mean on the rocks. Exported those from Vue5. I need to do a better job at that process.
    Allen Bussell

I think the stones in the foreground have not a good scale for the picture. They are too focused and too big and people will pay attention too much...
    Eddy Marillat - PIXYM
    WS : MB ASUS X299-Pro/SE - i9 7980XE 2,6ghz 18C/36T - 32GB Ram- 2 GTX 1080 TI - Win 10 64
    GPU Net Rig : MB Biostar - Celeron 2,8 ghz 2C/2T - 8GB Ram - 2 RTX 2080 TI - Win 7 64

I really like your renders! I especially like the render of the bank. Good composition and lighting. The scale is spot on as well. The only thing I noticed that may need some tweaking would be the trees in the background. The black level doesn't quite match the buildings. Could be an easy fix in Photoshop. But please take my critique with a grain of salt, I'm just a newbie. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Pavlov
    OT question: why the **** this forum takes minutes to show me "quick reply" area ? pages load instantly, but to see this little rectangle i must wait foerver.. anyone ?
    No problem here.

Thanks for the headsup on front projection and shadows - I really want to try it on my current project - except it's frosty here at the moment with snow forecast so I'm guessing I'll have to fall back on existing texture maps. Roll on spring!
    - web: http://www.albino-igil.co.uk - 2D/3D Design Studio -
    - PC Spec: Intel i9-7940X @3.1GHz | 64Gb | 2 x GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb | Windows 10 Pro -