Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: OT: SpeedEdit Vs. Vegas?

XDCAM HD production ScorpioProd's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Danic101
    I disagree Eugene they need to have VT5 so we have SpeedEDIT inside of VT. Also Remember NewTek may have more features planned for VT5 then they have talked about. Also don't forget they are adding LightWave 9 to the suite.
    But see, the ONLY thing that you are getting with SpeedEDIT inside of VT[5] is a way for SpeedEDIT to use the VT card as an SD output card with real-time downconversion. Other than that, I really don't see what you're getting with that versus a system with VT[4] and SpeedEDIT stand-alone on it. I mean, the capture program in VT[4] is separate from VT-EDIT, so you could do that the same way now, and use those files in SpeedEDIT. OK, you also get to use the VT card audio I/O instead of a separate audio card, but that's about it.

As for promised VT[5] features for live, the only one I know of is multiple DSKs.

Sure, LW 9 is nice, if you're a LW user.

I mean, I'm not saying VT[5] is a bad idea, just that I'm wondering if it is worth it versus Newtek working on HD solutions.

But yeah, we'll see how sales go in the next couple months for SpeedEDIT... As for unhappy VT[5] upgraders, well, they've already waited this long...

But I definately do agree, TriCaster is now the flagship product of Newtek, not the VT any longer.
    Eugene
    Scorpio Productions

Eugene, you should host one of those tv cooking shows - you do love to stir the pot.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

XDCAM HD production ScorpioProd's Avatar
    Life would be too bland without spices, Steve.
    Eugene
    Scorpio Productions

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234