Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: SpeedEDIT Update from NewTek

Thee cool evening breezes of Anytown, USA
    There is no stand alone CG Designer such as in VT.

Titles are handled via CG Post directly on the timeline.

Just like the CG effects in VT4 now.

But no separate CG program.

Mirage 2D animator
    Jim, does this mean that one should be prepared to own any good standalone CG application, such as "Power CG" or does it mean there is a built-in feature like in Vegas?

Originally Posted by steveg
    From what I understand you do get a cg designer with Speed Edit.
    Does he have to be fed every day?
    LOL.

I don't know how CG Post compares to what comes with Vegas.....I use After Effects a lot for titling, meeself.

If it is the same as the CG Post in VT4, it is pretty powerful and offers some creativity CG Designer does not.

But, for me anyway, using CG Post is a bit clunky and awkward and has it's drawbacks.

It probably depends on one's titling needs as to whether the timeline CG will suffice.

Mirage 2D animator
    t probably depends on one's titling needs as to whether the timeline CG will suffice.
    OK, this explains it to me and it seems to be the way Vegas has it: nothing particularly fancy but everything basic is covered. I've been using titles for years of course but I can't remember a time when I wanted or needed to go beyond anything basic. Going beyond basic in my eyes was always stepping into the realm of bad taste.

It's actually probably safe to say that the CG Post has powers beyond 'basic'. There is quite a bit of capability there, just kinda cumbesome to get to and work with.

At least compared to the CG Designer.

cg

I use photoshop cs2.
    It has a spell checker, and I really need that.
    for rolls I use a long png with .9 pixel aspect or for wide screen 1.2.
    then move by keyframing. works better than any cg i have had.
    works in VT and SE. just streatch for slow or fast and to fill time.
    The backgrounds and such I usually grab from the library of things for the cg disigner and the timeline cg. the transparencies and everthing work well with
    VT and SE in Photoshop, even better than AE!!
    Pete
    Pete Draves
    CV Productions
    Oak Creek, WI
    [email protected]

Mirage 2D animator
    Um... is there a decent text scroll? That I would consider slightly beyond basic, or as Mirage calls it, simple text (which otherwise does everything I need). I've worked with "Power CG" when I had Leitch/DPS Velocity and that is considered by most beyond basic because it is also a standalone CG with 3D characters but nothing was ever all that simple in it either. I believe that software alone cost me more than SE costs now. By simple I mean as simple as Word is, as far as formatting and justifying goes.

Boris Graffiti I suppose would be considered the height of sophistication except I know of few people who have the patience to endure the learning curve of it, including myself.

It has the same functionality but it is a timeline crouton system like the CG post in VT. There is no separate module, just the page templates in the effects folder.
    Keith Nealy Productions
    Big Island, Hawaii

I have been getting many requests from the LightWave community about a special SpeedEDIT price for LightWave users. I have some GREAT news for you guys.... As soon as SpeedEDIT ships, we are going to offers VERY aggressive pricing that will allow LightWave customers to get a NO-Brainer price on SpeedEDIT.

More info coming soon.

BTW: Paul.. The built in CG is VERY powerful and does Scrolls, Crawls and more!
    Philip Nelson
    NewTek
    CRO - Chief Relationship Officer
    [email protected]
    http://www.newtek.com

Follow NewTek on Twitter!
    @PhilipNelson

Following on Facebook
    /Philip.Nelson

Mirage 2D animator
    Paul.. The built in CG is VERY powerful and does Scrolls, Crawls and more!
    Hi Phil!! I remember you and good to be in touch again! Thanks for the clarification. When someone says "the same as VT" it won't help me any because I never owned or used VT. As a matter of fact, the only time I saw VT close up was during your demo and that was ions ago! I don't think I will be alone in this deficiency once SE starts spreading around. A standalone is just that; an independent like myself.

Old Timer
    Since I can do everything I need to do and am happy with VT4.6, the value of the extra SE by investing in an early buy, is a good return on my money. I understand some of the plights, but for me it is a sweet deal. Thanks Newtek.
    Happy Holidays, Lee
    Regards, Lee
    Wanna Be

Newbie Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paulfierlinger
    Does he have to be fed every day?
    I'm hoping he comes with designer genes that obviate the need for food.
    Mark

Hi Paul its good to see you over hear in Newtekland. I remember a few months ago you were still trying decide about which NLE to go with. Looks like you made a wise decision I think SE will fit nicely with a lot of Mirage users, especially the power users. Mirage and SE are practically cousins
    Kevin Washington

Mirage 2D animator

Smile

Hi Paul its good to see you over hear in Newtekland.
    Hey, you took your badge off; I didn't recognize you right away.

I remember a few months ago you were still trying decide about which NLE to go with.Looks like you made a wise decision
    I made two decisions; One to go to Vegas to wait for SE and the second to sit here at the gate to wait SE's arrival (arrivals are usually late in the winter).

Mirage and SE are practically cousins
    ..Once removed..

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast