Thread: SpeedEDIT 1.0 30-day demo

XDCAM HD production ScorpioProd's Avatar

Question SpeedEDIT 1.0 30-day demo

Will there be a 30-day demo of SpeedEDIT 1.0 available for download???

I was just at the holiday party for my local Capital District Wedding Association, and there are a number of videographers looking at new NLE systems, but the only way to sell them on SpeedEDIT, which I did recommend they check out, is if there is a demo they can download.

When you consider that the competition: Vegas 7, EDIUS 4, and Premiere Pro, all have 30-day demos that you can download and try, that's really what we MUST do if we want to get SpeedEDIT out there.

So how about it marketing???
    Eugene
    Scorpio Productions

Yeah, I'm with you on this one, Eugene.
    Critical mass to teach the virtues of the paradigm tied into what's to come with the code base would seem imperative to SE success when compared to other NLEs feature lists.

Somehow, though, a discussion of what's to come would be as important; as would delivering the product in timely manner to 'keep the hope alive'.

It's ALL about the light Paul Lara's Avatar
    That's being investigated, Eugene. There are licensing issues that need to be clarified first.
    Don't stream it - TriCast it!

XDCAM HD production ScorpioProd's Avatar
    Well, I'm glad it's being looked into, cause I think it's really important ASAP, timed with the shipping of it. That's what the competition did.

And Robert, though I agree with you to an extent, I don't believe in selling a product based on future promises, that holds too much risk.

I think SpeedEDIT 1.0 on its own is what needs to be pushed, not a possible future upgrade to it.

No one can predict the future, not in this business.
    Eugene
    Scorpio Productions

From a marketing standpoint, the Osbourne issue is being less and less the case. That is to say that it is ocurring more and more lately that apps are 'sold' based on the idea of what's to come and a free update to said.

Having said that, yeah, I can see your point.

I think a SE demo would be a fantastic thing - being late out of the gates with a software only NLE, the best thing to stand on would be the strengths of the product. The only way to get that across to potential buyers would be for them to see for themselves. A demo would allow them to compare SE to other products, and on that basis, SE would have a better shot at earning their dollars.

Bundling it with a short demo (WMV, MPEG4, or whatever) highlighting the benefits of the NLE would be nice too. Encourage viral marketing.....

As Paul mentioned, we are looking into and planning for a demo version of SpeedEDIT. It won't be available for the launch.
    Philip Nelson
    NewTek
    CRO - Chief Relationship Officer
    [email protected]
    http://www.newtek.com

Follow NewTek on Twitter!
    @PhilipNelson

Following on Facebook
    /Philip.Nelson