Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tech Demo of a modeling tool for Modo.

Tech Demo of a modeling tool for Modo.

Did anyone see this Video of Demo tools that are being made for Modo.
    http://content.luxology.com/modo/201...echPreview.mov
    I was wondering if something like this, might be eventually made for LW? I mean technology is not going to stay still, and it starting to look like poly by poly modeling will not always be with us. It is just a Question, I realise that it might be a while for it to get implemented, since Newtek is pretty busy fixing up LW as we speak.
    Woo Woo, back on the Turnip Truck!!

Oh I would like to add, just for the record I am not a Modo fan. I just think that poly painting technology definately seems to be the future. I want LW to keep up that is all.
    Woo Woo, back on the Turnip Truck!!

Well, I love modo. The best thing about it is that my recent use of modeling in Modo has provided really nice integration with Lightwave.

It has a native LWO saver, not an export but an actual "Save as *.LWO" that makes using models with LW a breeze.

I can only imagine this tech demo making a case for an even easier sculpts into LW even easier then Zbrush or Mudbox. Its not really that hard to get stuff from Zbrush or Mudbox if you take the time to learn a few simple key things but Modo looks to even make that process even more simple.

Bravo.
    Last edited by Intuition; 12-10-2006 at 09:33 PM.
    -----------------
    KC

IMHO...
    I think this demo not so impression...
    because it's a little bit rough at the mesh scuplting....looks like add a mask while brushing bumps.....(maybe related to the subpatch values..)....
    It's not show much details.....that nearly zbrush/mudbox can done.........
    Hope it will be better when I get it...

I think it looks fantastic. They are growing very fast.

as the audio podcast said though it's a tech demo...not anything that's going to be available in the short term..he stated that if your needing a zbrush or mudbox 'right now' you should go get them and no waitfor this to appear in modo anytime soon..having said all of that it appears that mdod is actually playing catch up to hexagon 2.1 and silo2 beta except with those apps you can go get them now and do displacement painting as for mdod vs lw well modo has a long way to go before it will add a timeline, bones,particles etc...until then it's a nice modeler and stills renderer.
    stee+cat
    http://www.cresshead.com/

Q - How many polys?
    A - All of them!

Yes that looks really nice!

BTW, they have a -$30 bucks december special on ImageSynth, hhmmm...

Regards
    Thomas
    Time is life, use it wisely...

Quote Originally Posted by cresshead
    ..having said all of that it appears that mdod is actually playing catch up to hexagon 2.1 and silo2 beta except with those apps you can go get them now and do displacement painting
    I'll just have to add that Hexagon is so slow in displacement painting it's almost useless. I had the chance to test Mudbox and it's so fast that Hexagon looks like a snail stuck in glue. I'll wait for Mudbox it will do what I want in a nice interface and environment. Modo looks alot faster and more useful than hexagon. I must say that I'm quite impressed with the speed of Modo development, I really hope we soon will see some speed up's in the LW development as well. I think LW development has started to show some nice stuff, but I wish it was a little bit faster, that's all.

dear mudbox users

does mudbox have native LWO import? Can we see anything modelled with LW exported to MUDBOX rendered in LW....?

BTW. If mudbox doesnt talk friendly with LW, Modo could be (i cant believe i said that) a real alternative to Mudbox and ZBrush.

Hey NT, is there any plans on that issue ? or One genius plugin writer will added this feature in future to our tool set?

I believe Victor (lwcad master) can come up with this feature if he wants to dive in...may be just for this displacement mapping (mudbox like) NT can work with a 3rd party externally... After LWCAD, he can really code "LWART".

When we see this kind of improvements are natural expansion of any modelling set, NT should reply it immediately (internally or externally)... what do you say ?

best

''After LWCAD, he can really code "LWART"

now woudnt that be neat!
    stee+cat

Q - How many polys?
    A - All of them!

Quote Originally Posted by Intuition
    It has a native LWO saver, not an export but an actual "Save as *.LWO" that makes using models with LW a breeze.
    I love that. It's a bit like Photoshop. If you open a PNG, edit it and then hit "Save," it's saved as a PNG. If you want to keep the layers and such, you just save it as a PSD instead. Same thing in modo. Open an LWO, edit it and hit ctrl/cmd S, and it's still an LWO.
    Are my spline guides showing?

Quote Originally Posted by tyrot
    does mudbox have native LWO import? Can we see anything modelled with LW exported to MUDBOX rendered in LW....?
    It has .OBJ import which works fine with LW.

having said all of that it appears that mdod is actually playing catch up to hexagon 2.1 and silo2 beta except with those apps you can go get them now and do displacement painting
    Nope, definitely not. Even that little tec demo illustrates what it is meant to be - fully fledged sculpting, not just some simple displacement painting as in Silo and Hexagon. And neither of those are really available now, as you put it. Silo is still officially in Beta, with major parts of the displacements not working or disabled and Hexagon is buggy as ****.

as for mdod vs lw well modo has a long way to go before it will add a timeline, bones,particles etc...until then it's a nice modeler and stills renderer.
    Well, don't keep your hopes up. modo is going to have a timeline soon, that's for sure and they already have proven that they can do working bones and particles, so "long" is probably not as long as you think. Even now it already allows to render animations by means of some scripts...

Mylenium
    [Pour Mylène, ange sur terre]

hi Mylenium do you have any video links to the timeline, bones and particles for modo?

as for hexagon and silo...the beta is available NOW for silo.. and hexagon does do displacement painting now even if it is rather buggy in use.

modo is not available now for public beta with the tec demo features no doubt it will come out next august and make a big splash at siggraph.
    stee+cat

Q - How many polys?
    A - All of them!

hi Mylenium do you have any video links to the timeline, bones and particles for modo?
    Anything that can export as MDD should work well.
    Are my spline guides showing?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast