Thread: Digital Fusion or Combustion 2?

Digital Fusion or Combustion 2?

Hi

I've seen the deal for DFX + LW8, but although a great deal, I'm not sure about DF. I tried both Combustion and DF demos but found Combustion great to use and DF terrible - what do you all think?

Cheers, Alex

you dont have to like it, just sign up for the upgrade get your DFX software and sell it on.That way you are more than covering the cost of the upgrade.

I found that by going through the tutorials and reading the documentation that came with the demo, that I was able to wrap my mind around the way that DF works, and I really like it. I also joined the Digital Fusion list at pigsfly.com which is a great resource in itself.

I'd like to see the render farm capability included for free, like it is with Lightwave and Combustion, but otherwise it's a tremendously capable package. We're also going to pick up Module 2 with the advanced colour correction, keying, and other tools, so our initial investment is only $495.

~Stivan
    << Nothing is true, everything is permitted >>

DaVinci Resolve, Fusion, Generation, LightWave, ChronoSculpt, NevronMotion, REDcine-X Pro,
    Nuendo, messiahStudio Pro 5, VT[4] v4.6, SpeedEDIT 2...

DF is great (telling that from a demo), no doubt about that but you only get a limited version with LW ;( . Personally I feel that with combustion* you get a more complete package for your money. Having to buy all those extra modules for DF may be expensive in the long term.

Mylenium
    [Pour Mylène, ange sur terre]