Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Introducing SpeedEDIT

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Lara
    Introducing SpeedEDIT, the World's Fastest Video Editor!

Please watch this commercial for more information about why SpeedEDIT is so SWELL!
    So Paul,
    can we get some hard info on what kind of hardware will be needed for Speededit and VT5.
    I see the list of requirments but I would like to know what kind of motherboards are you running your tests on.
    I am still on 2000 and guess I am going to have to bite the bullet and put together a XP system that kicks *** and will handle any kind of HD I through at it.
    ANy hardware suggestions would be appreciated.
    ed
    Toasting since 1990
    Tricaster 855 Owner

This is from the SE specs page:

Suggested System Specifications (HDV):
    For Hi Definition editing, dual CPUs or dual dual-core CPUs are suggested for the smoothest and fastest operation.
    IEEE1394 FireWire™ card required for DV or HDV capture
    PCI Express-based graphics card with 128MB RAM and minimum 1280x1024 screen resolution. (ATI or NVIDIA graphics chipset recommended)
    2 Gigabytes of system RAM
    IDE or SATA system drive with 6 Gigabytes of free disk space
    Separate SATA or SCSI drives for video playback
    DVD Drive
    Windows® XP (Service Pack 2) or x64™ Edition Operating System
    DirectX 9.0c or higher
    Chuck Dotson
    visual concept productions

Nothing ado about much Exception's Avatar
    Ooh boy, you've got to love this one!
    Fantastic... classic...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nymVNhy4dw8&NR

Newbie Member

Re:2K file limitation

Hello All, wanted to add my comment about film resolution at "2K" The Movie "28 days later" was shot on standard mini dv (canon xL1)using optical Anamorphic lenses which means the images were encoded as 720X480 files in a 4:1:1 color space... And because of the quality of the professional cinematography and the directors work and the acting talent on a pretty good script- This film when viewed as a 35mm transfer with a paying audience- was accepted with little consideration for the nature of the medium the original footage was acquired with. So speculating on a potential feature shot in HDV (1080ix1920) then edited with Newtek speed-edit and post- transfered to 35mm by a house like Van Bavels "DVFILM" I see no reason to doubt that a True motion picture, with effects and titles, could be completely posted using a VT with speededit! And for only c. 500 bucks!
    When the stars threw down their spears, and watered Heaven with their tears...

Mirage 2D animator
    So speculating on a potential feature shot in HDV (1080ix1920) then edited with Newtek speed-edit and post- transfered to 35mm by a house like Van Bavels "DVFILM" I see no reason to doubt that a True motion picture, with effects and titles, could be completely posted using a VT with speededit! And for only c. 500 bucks!
    This is precisely what I am doing right now, except camerlessly and paperlessly, drawing and painting every frame on a Wacon tablet in Mirage. The entire crew is my wife, myself and a sound engineer/composer, John Averese. Our producers are as independent as we are, Norman Twain and Howar Kaminsky of N.Y.C. Our voice overs are Christopher Plummer, Isabella Rossellini, Lynne Redgrave, Paul Hecht, Bill Murray and others.

We started production last June with 5 minutes of the film completed and now I am drawing the the 17th minute with a release date slated for mid 2008. The film is based on the book My Dog Tulip, written by the late J.R.Ackerley for which we have paid over $100,000 to acquire the rights.

This is a serious film which will be picked up by a serious distributor once completed because they have already begun bidding on the distribution rights. I draw on a desk in my living room, Sandra's studio was once my kid's bedroom; we have two dogs. John writes his music and mixes the film in his studio which covers the top floor of his townhouse where he and his wife are raising a little girl. We all live in the suburbs of Philadelphia, everyone of us has a dog; our neighbors are accountants, salesman, a doctor, a lawyer, a teacher ... there is no glamor involved.

The behind the scenes documentary for the future DVD is being shot by a husband and wife documentary team who live just a few blocks away from us. where they are raising a son and a dog. Of course, they operate out of their home as well as do our producers, who have dogs in their New York apartments.

I find absolutely nothing unusual or daring or eccentric in how we are going about our work and neither do the insurance companies. In age we range from our mid fifties to mid seventies, half of us teach our professions at the local universities two or three times a week.

All of us have made films for decades in this very same style; I've been making films out of my home for fifty years while living in several countries. Howard Kaminsky was the president of Random House Books for 25 years, Norman Twain has been producing Broadway plays and theatrical features out of his home since the fifties. John Avarese is the busiest film composer in the broad Philadelphia area and has scored a number of feature films, and always from his home studio.

It's been normal to live and work like this for years and now it is becoming the industry standard. Hollywood outsourced to the burbs. What you say is realistic because it isn't even new anymore so go for it!

Mirage 2D animator
    A small correction: It's Bryan Murray, not Bill. (I thought there was an edit button here... I thought there was a confused face...:

Re: "The commercial"
    So we've determined that it's a great spot for interesting, fun, creative people and a lousy spot for people with no sense of humor.

I would suspect that SE would appeal more to people who like the spoof.

There's AVID for the literal bunch.

Great work Newtek...I hope a couple of sourpusses don't scare you guys into getting too serious. Jim's reply scared me because he felt he had to respond.

Whoever said, 'Lighten Up' had the ticket!
    Sy Witt
    Ramona Rose Studio, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by sywitt
    Re: "The commercial"
    So we've determined that it's a great spot for interesting, fun, creative people and a lousy spot for people with no sense of humor.

I would suspect that SE would appeal more to people who like the spoof.

There's AVID for the literal bunch.

Great work Newtek...I hope a couple of sourpusses don't scare you guys into getting too serious. Jim's reply scared me because he felt he had to respond.

Whoever said, 'Lighten Up' had the ticket!
    Well I'm one of those "people with no sense of humor" and after what Jim said I'm happy it is NOT a commercial (the first indication was it was by all accounts).

It's a bit of fun wooopeeee! Not really me kind of thing if it makes you smile and have a better day then great and good for you Maybe as I have said before it just does not cross the pond that well.

It would be really be nice to have the product and see for ourselves of course
    Either Lead, Follow............. or get out of the Way!

I had posted a 'brilliant' relpy to the above, but somehow it got lost because I wasn't logged in...so..the bottom line.

I really appreciate your concern because I know that you and I both want the best for Newtek. I'm glad that they have the confidence in the product to have some fun with it.

Re:the 'over the pond' reference...I was wondering if you liked Dr.Who or think it's stupid.

I really wish the original reply wasn't lost..it was the first time I've used the word "facetious" in writing.

I also can't wait to get my hands on the real thing...
    Sy Witt
    Ramona Rose Studio, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by sywitt
    Re:the 'over the pond' reference...I was wondering if you liked Dr.Who or think it's stupid.
    Not that great a fan to be honest, NEVER have been (the SFX in the first few episodes of the first series were shocking!!!) love Firefly though, Also loved Band of Brothers (HBO & BBC seem to work well together).
    Either Lead, Follow............. or get out of the Way!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345