Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Introducing SpeedEDIT

Newbie Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cholo
    So if someone's independently wealthy, does that mean he has unlimited wealth?
    How will coming up with no sense analogies help the cause?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Maier
    How will coming up with no sense analogies help the cause?
    The same way the Eskimo helped the chicken.

*knowing wink*
    Mark Hennessy-Barrett
    www.imaginetix.co.uk
    www.shaxam.com
    ...and then I was on fire.

Exactly what is "the cause"? To pick on Newtek? The resolution independence/limit question has been answered. Now you know. If the resolution limit means SpeedEdit is not for you, then look into another solution.
    Between the eyes and ears there lie the sounds of color and the light of a sigh.

Newbie Member
    Quote Originally Posted by robewil
    Exactly what is "the cause"? To pick on Newtek? The resolution independence/limit question has been answered. Now you know. If the resolution limit means SpeedEdit is not for you, then look into another solution.
    The cause was simply that the marketing wording is/was misleading. You guys are acting like if I was the only one that thought it meant no resolution limit and quite frankly your post sounds like an offended cheerleader.
    Yes, now I know and I'm no longer complaining. Being able of doing more than 2k was never my problem. I don't think I will need more than that really. My problem was always with the marketing boosting which sounded like they were claiming something else. But since explained I didn't post a single complain anymore, did I? So chill.

Visually Developed Monkey cholo's Avatar
    I can't imagine why anyone would get unlimited from independent, how does that make any more sense than my idiotic analogy? In any case there is ALWAYS a limit. I don't think even inferno could handle a 2000000x1000000 timeline. Not even photoshop gets unlimited resolution. Try it.

Then how do you define the Speed Edit release when there is no Speed Edit available to be released. I guess release is just a word that we twisted into meaning that it has been released. I know I am just ranting but would someone read the definition of release
    Dispite popular belief, Digital does not mean quality.

I'm not entirely certain how anyone got "unlimited" resolution from "resolution independant", but then I fly into a rage over superfluous apostrophes....
    Mark Hennessy-Barrett
    www.imaginetix.co.uk
    www.shaxam.com

Feel free to digg it and spread the word.
    http://digg.com/videos_comedy/NewTek...dit_Commercial
    ~~Phil Nolan
    www.philnolan3d.com - Twitter - YouTube
    Win 10 Home x64, Core i7 3.4 GHz, GeForce GT 640, 16GB RAM
    Laptop: Win10 x64, Core I7 8th gen, 1.8 GHz, 16GB RAM

What a Joke!

What a Joke! What’s next Ball Juggling Circus Bears! Maybe I missed the point or was there one? Who is this supposed to attracted? Kids! Or Professionals!

Get with the program Newtek!!! Focus Man!! Focus!!

Professionals with a sense of humour, mebbe?
    Mark Hennessy-Barrett
    www.imaginetix.co.uk
    www.shaxam.com

Newbie Member

SE Ship Date

I purchased my copy some months ago...when does it ship?

Quote Originally Posted by mixmasterwes
    What a Joke! What’s next Ball Juggling Circus Bears! Maybe I missed the point or was there one? Who is this supposed to attracted? Kids! Or Professionals!

Get with the program Newtek!!! Focus Man!! Focus!!
    I thought it was just a US thing myself but if I was marketing a product at the FCP, Premiere Pro Avid market FOR PROFFESIONALS this is NOT the way I'd go about it.

This looks more like for something I'd get on the disc on the front cover of a general computer mag for editing my crap home movies of the kids playing in the garden than a pro tool for delivering high end HD projects for commercial clients.

If i did not know Newtek I'd take one look at this ad smile then get my arse over to Adobe or Avid for the tool I need for my work if I had a Mac it would be FCP of course.

Delays in delivery and poor ads for a pro market is really shooting yourself in the foot IMO it's too pricey for the home user video market and being given a amateur image for the pro market I cannot really see what your aiming for

I do have a sense of humor but we are looking at a pro tool here I would of thought images of some guy in a edit bay editing a pro corporate video and / or wedding footage would be more the mark?? Pushing the SPEED and resolution independent elements of course.
    Either Lead, Follow............. or get out of the Way!

Newbie Member
    Quote Originally Posted by badllarma
    I thought it was just a US thing myself but if I was marketing a product at the FCP, Premiere Pro Avid market FOR PROFFESIONALS this is NOT the way I'd go about it.
    That's the point I think. As some have said, SE is not supposed to be at the same level as FCP or Avid. It's a lower end application than those it seems. But there's nothing wrong with the commercial really. It's just a kind of spoof really. I don’t even think it's an official release commercial or anything.

This is one thing I don't understand VT 4.6 even VT 2 kicks arse as an editor Because it's FAST, VERY fast!

Yup it does not have the bells and whistles (SpeedEdit seems to now have some of these reading the list BTW ) of Prem Pro or FCP but the whole thing to me about editing is editing in real time without the waiting around for renders to make sure the cuts are where I want them in short to edit!

Coming in and saying well it's not really supposed to be as complete as Prem or FCP why not?? What the whole point of bringing a new product to the market if it doesn't even measure up to what is already avalible today? Your already at a disadvantage marketing wise??

I went to a demo of VT 2.0 many years ago and it was several years before I could buy one but when I did I finally had the thing I wanted real time editing!
    Sod Prem Pros rendering! In fact when I updated to VT 4.6 (including upgrade to 5) I sold my Prem Pro!

To start at the bottom and try and work up is the wrong thing to do, and NOT to market SpeedEdit as a Pro tool is just sending out the totally wrong message! If SpeeedEdit is that fast (and we have all actually to see these claims are true as yet! ) Then real time 2K editing for just over $500 not to market THAT as a Pro Tool IMO is total madness!!
    Either Lead, Follow............. or get out of the Way!

Thee cool evening breezes of Anytown, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Maier
    I don’t even think it's an official release commercial or anything.
    It's the tutorial demo you get with SE. You get the project and all the elements and a tutorial as to how to put it to together.
    Or as some here seem to want to do , dis-assemble the project, delete all the content and curse at it like it slapped your momma.

It's also just a fluff ad. For fun. To remind people 'Hey we're small friendly fun good natured Newtek'. Remember us? We work with party hats on and have a SENSE OF HUMOR!!

From what I can tell, SE is going after the middle market. The meaty part. The part that is gaining more and more buyers everyday. ESPECIALLY with Christmas coming.

How many high end NLE/compositors/full feature systems are there? That high paid pro's use? PLENTY! Well at least enough to saturate the market that is there. And the people and businesses who use them love them and not very many could ever be persuaded to change, for many many reasons. regardless of how great something new is.

How many uber powerful real time editor's are there for the beginner to intermediate guy? The guy who just got a 1000 dollar HDV cam and a $800 LCD HD TV for Christmas? Not very many. Not with real time workflow and the features that SE does have.

Come December 26th compare how many new buyers there will be looking for a great $500 easy to use/learn HDV editor to how many seasoned experienced editor's there will be looking to suddenly drop their bread and butter system for something else.
    If you ran a business of Newtek's size, reputation, and resources who would you go after? The many or the few?

Newtek is a business. Their goal is to sell as many products as they can. It is very very obvious, to me at least, there is a MUCH larger market eager to buy in the middle ground than at the top of the food chain.

Newtek was started on 'Video for the masses' remember? And imo, that is where they still are. Now it is HD video for the masses. They have decided on the market they would like to penetrate and that is where they are going.
    More power to them!

This does NOT mean that professionals can not use the product, benefit from the product or prosper from the product. Quite the contrary. It will be the smart successful professional business man who sees SE for what it is, evaluates the features it gives and puts it in line with the rest of his tools he owns. Taking the proper one out at the proper time and getting the job done.

Happy Holidays

Jim

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast