Thread: Heavy-Duty VFX Management for Battlestar Galactica

Heavy-Duty VFX Management for Battlestar Galactica

Heavy-Duty VFX Management for Battlestar Galactica
    Write up, video and commentary download on how Lightwave 9 & Digital Fusion are used in Battlestar Galactica, by vfx house Atmosphere. The article focus is on the amazing sequence from Season 3 episode Exodus.

http://www.studiodaily.com/main/video/7304.html

Impressive stuff, indeed.

I would really like Newtek or somebody to do an in-depth article on the vfx of Battlestar Galactica. Similar to the studiodaily write-up but much more expanded.

Rather than 1-3 page marketing blurb. An in-depth commentary on the vfx would do more good.

Quote Originally Posted by digital verve
    I would really like Newtek or somebody to do an in-depth article on the vfx of Battlestar Galactica. Similar to the studiodaily write-up but much more expanded.

Rather than 1-3 page marketing blurb. An in-depth commentary on the vfx would do more good.
    Yes. Would love that along with some nice High-Def video and stills (for us poor souls outside of the US). If possible, it should include a closeup of Starbuck's belllybutton. *lol*

Mylenium
    [Pour Mylène, ange sur terre]

It's Lightwave, *****es! Digital Hermit's Avatar
    Am I less of a 3D guy, if I get a little "choked up" seeing Lightwave utilized in such a fantastic manner? Wow! It brings a happy tear to the eye.

I am little verklempt right now… talk amongst yourselves.

Digital Hermit
    Last edited by Digital Hermit; 11-10-2006 at 12:03 PM.
    Digital Hermit

Impressive... Most impressive.... -Darth Vader

System : DELL Precision T7600
    CPU :2 x Xeon E5-2687W
    RAM : 32 GB 1600 MHz ECC
    Graphic : EVGA 780Ti

ahhhhh ahhhhhhhh ahhhhhh WTF **** ti not seen the eps yet =/ living in britain suck - but they rammed the pegasus into a base ship - what were they thinking - pegasus outguns galactica by a **** load should have sacrificed galactica -ahhhhhhhhhh - knew that they wouldn't get to keep the pegasus - they jsut kept it abit longer than they did in the original series is all =/

but great stuff from lightwave though

Loved that Episode. That series of shots is testament to how high the quality of Lightwave can be if utilized properly. They did the multiple passes which give you more control at composite time.

Really great work from Vancouver.

So much for the Maya aristocracy eh?

Ok, ok...sorry don't start a debate....Really though ..nice work.

Us Eden guys watched that epsode together when it aired and were really happy to see Lightwave shining.
    -----------------
    KC

Quote Originally Posted by digital verve

One is being worked on as we speak for HDRI3D

I can't wait for this season, they usually are 2 or 3 months late.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus
    I can't wait for this season, they usually are 2 or 3 months late.
    I gave up on tv a long time ago, to see one 45 minute episode of a series over here one has to endure 25 minutes of ads. In a dark space opera that´s the ultimate mood killer.

For me now it´s DVDs or downloads all the way. And I think this show is worth every cent!