Thread: 9.2 Open Beata License Key Regestration Wizard?

Newbie Member

9.2 Open Beata License Key Regestration Wizard?

Where am I supposed to put my registration key after I've register, I've looked everywhere, and can't get out of discovery mode. Thanks.

Put it in a text file

and name the file license.key, save it in the programs folder.

(that's if you're on windows.)

Some early downloaders got an email without the complete set of instructions. New instructions are in the open beta forums and new emails will be going out to everyone shortly.

There is no registration utility in the ZIP files. You need to edit your license.key file manually.

The Open Beta forums are now open. Please try this link while you are logged-in to the forums.
    http://www.newtek.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=185
    If you cannot reach this link yet, people are being added as fast as possible. If you are not able to reach the link within 2 business days and do not receive an email asking for updated information, please contact Customer Service for assistance.
    Kurtis Harris - NewTek 3D Marketing

All statements to the effect of this parrot is still a going concern are from now on inoperative. This is an ex-parrot.

Well, i can't get to the forums, so i'll just ask here...why does Layout accept the key in my license.key file and Modeler doesn't?
    I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious. - Albert Einstein
    visit my company site : House of Secrets
    visit my personal site : svenneve.com

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurtis
    Some early downloaders got an email without the complete set of instructions. New instructions are in the open beta forums and new emails will be going out to everyone shortly.

There is no registration utility in the ZIP files. You need to edit your license.key file manually.

The Open Beta forums are now open. Please try this link while you are logged-in to the forums.
    http://www.newtek.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=185
    If you cannot reach this link yet, people are being added as fast as possible. If you are not able to reach the link within 2 business days and do not receive an email asking for updated information, please contact Customer Service for assistance.
    You guys should have set up the forum a few weeks ago,
    But I can wait. Patience is a virtue..

Thank you
    Will try in a few days
    have it all running 32 and 64 V.2
    And it Smokes YAAAAA baby
    Michael
    Intel Core i7-980, OC 4.7ghz water cooled.
    Gigabyte x58-UD3R with an Intell SSD 180GIG
    RamCorsair-DDR3-1600-32GIG
    Nvidia Titan Z, x 2 And 1 GTX-1080 by Gigabyte.
    4xEnterprise/WDVelociRaptorŪ300gig

Newbie Member
    Ah, the lovely "license key not found" error... Anyone have any ideas how to fix it or when it will be fixed? ..... Very difficult to try out 9.2 if I can't get out of discovery mode.

I'm here for the cake John the Geek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonArcher
    Ah, the lovely "license key not found" error... Anyone have any ideas how to fix it or when it will be fixed? ..... Very difficult to try out 9.2 if I can't get out of discovery mode.
    A.) Make sure there are no extra spaces or returns after the code in the file.

B.) Make sure there are no extra extensions hidden, like .txt.rtf. If you are on a Mac press Apple and i to get info and then check the Name & Extension area to make sure you aren't hiding file extensions. In Windows, go to the Tools menu in Explorer and choose Folder Options. In the View tab uncheck Hide extensions for known file types. That will make sure you aren't accidentally using a bad file name.

C.) Place the file in your LightWave Programs folder, found inside the OpenBeta folder you downloaded and unzipped.

You may need to update the dongle drivers. Take a look in the Open Beta section "LW v9.2 Techniques, Tips and Discoveries" and look for this thread "License not found with beta7" for more info.

Don

Newbie Member
    Gave all of the above a try -- still not working.. :/

Jason,

I wondered if, in layout, and you check help>enter license does your correct dongle ID number show up?

Did you get the new driver (version 7.3.2) here?

http://www.safenet-inc.com/support/tech/sentinel.asp

Don

Hi Jason and everybody.

I have the same problem and I realise that it was a conflict between the Mirage dongle and the Lightwave dongle. So, try to launch Ligthwave without other dongle. Althought I have seen where the problem is, I have no solutions without connecting/disconnecting the Mirage dongle (My drivers dongle are update).

Excuse my bad english, hope it could help.