Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Speed edit on 2 computers

XDCAM HD production ScorpioProd's Avatar
    Well, realistically though, there are no guaranties in life.

Stuff like that happens.

I mean, that's like expecting a wedding videographer to promise that the couple will always be able to watch their DVD forever, and it won't ever fail...
    Eugene
    Scorpio Productions

KHAA..huh? Dropped Call? Sledgehammer's Avatar
    Well, how about giving the dongles to the Flying Spagetti Monster, and as he soars over the night sky, placing magic sleep dust into our eyes, he can deliver good dongles to those that place them under their pillows at night?

Sorry about that, been up too long. I vote dongles, or two installs.

Or better yet, have it run from a USB key.

Or even better, have it run from a live DVD. When you want to edit, place the disc into the drive and reboot.

On second thought, back to the dongles.

Quote Originally Posted by JReble
    ... and I'd much rather have a dongle of some type.
    I never thought I'd live to hear anyone say that.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

XDCAM HD production ScorpioProd's Avatar
    Maybe I've just been lucky, but I've never had problems with the USB dongles, or even the old parallel dongles that I've used...

I think USB dongles are a good way to go.
    Eugene
    Scorpio Productions

Event Photo and Video Seattle-HotShot's Avatar

How many "free" days before registration?

Any chance that SE will run for say 15 days before it "MUST" be registered? I'm thinking of like how VT4.6 is now. Install the program on your backup computer, and have a week or two to get the registration figured out. That would solve most of the issues I see on this thread. Your main PC or laptop goes down. Fire up SE on your back up system, finish your project, life is good. Even 5 days would work. That would also solve the way most of us evaluate a program, download a demo. Only in this case, run the program in Demo mode, by installing it from your neighbors disk. Note I don't mean Steal the program. Use it, love it, send in the check, get your own registration key.

I know my own situation, lately, my VT card has been giving me problems. Since I don't use any of it besides editing at the moment, I've just stopped using it... finishing up some projects in my old Premiere 6...urg... but hey, when SE gets here, I love the idea that I'm not tied to a hardware failure, should it happen. Now I'm hoping that it will be a simple matter to move the licence to a new computer when I need to.

Ok, that's all I got for now.
    Carlin
    Seattle
    www.Seattle-HotShotz.com

USB Dongle please. Or at least an option to purchase SE locked to a USB dongle.

Cartoon-based life form mgrusin's Avatar
    USB dongle. Keeps the software side simple and has worked well for NT for ages.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234