Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SpeedEdit demo software?

Newbie Member

SpeedEdit demo software?

Will there be a demo version of the software?
    It would be a good marketing move, IMHO.

It's ALL about the light Paul Lara's Avatar
    We agree it helps in marketing to have a demo version, but there are licensing arrangements that must be cleared up before we can do this.
    Don't stream it - TriCast it!

Newbie Member
    In other words "we didn't think to figure out how we could registered demo versions".

It's a shame. Alot of folks would like to see the hype but will wind up on the sidelines due to lack of foresight.

*****istrator
    Nope...it's not about registration at all. We've known about the 3rd party licensing issues for a long time... It just takes time. We would appreciate your patience.

Jim Plant
    President and CEO, NewTek
    Last edited by Jim Plant; 11-20-2006 at 12:47 PM.

Newbie Member
    If it there's a downloadable demo I will sure buy it if I like it, but if no demo is available I'm not taking a shot in the dark, that's for sure.

Event Photo and Video Seattle-HotShot's Avatar
    Thanks, Jim, for taking time to post on this subject.

That is what is so cool about a company like NewTek, you get EVERYONE involved on these lists! I'm always amazed when I read the "credits" on these posts.

Keepin' the Faith
    Carlin
    Carlin Comm
    BlueStar Productions
    carlincomm.com
    http://twitter.com/carlincomm

Go see a demo -
    sit down, adjust jaw strap,
    and be prepared to be amazed.
    Don at VISIONaerie.com
    "What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left." -- Oscar Levant

Newbie Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DonN
    Go see a demo -
    sit down, adjust jaw strap,
    and be prepared to be amazed.
    Not everybody lives within driveable distance from a NewTek dealer. An online demo is a must!

Thee cool evening breezes of Anytown, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Seattle-HotShot
    Thanks, Jim, for taking time to post on this subject.

That is what is so cool about a company like NewTek, you get EVERYONE involved on these lists! I'm always amazed when I read the "credits" on these posts.

Especially when the respond to the inane, rude and ridiculous.

Are there any recent online streaming videos of a demo session that people could go see? The above post, re distance to a dealer is valid, I think. I know I got pretty excited watching the stream from NAB... and I'm a Toaster user!
    Carlin Comm
    BlueStar Productions
    carlincomm.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_C
    Especially when the respond to the inane, rude and ridiculous.
    I see that the poster, jfigura, has exactly one post to his credit on this list.
    Condesending remarks don't cut it here.
    Not an auspicious beginning.
    Lets hope he has joined the group to learn something and not to bash NewTek.

Jim Plant speaks like a real gentleman. Being respectful here matters.
    Thanks Jim.
    Don at VISIONaerie.com
    "What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left." -- Oscar Levant

Toaster Oven
    Quote Originally Posted by Seattle-HotShot
    Are there any recent online streaming videos of a demo session that people could go see? The above post, re distance to a dealer is valid, I think. I know I got pretty excited watching the stream from NAB... and I'm a Toaster user!
    Better still, for those that can't get to a dealer...
    See if a dealer will demo it for you on-line! SpeedEdit may not be able to, but VT4/5 can live stream. A smart dealer would stream the SpeedEdit desktop to you and you could ask questions via tele while he shows you!!
    Next best thing to being there!

VT can stream the Output, but we'd need to be able to actually see the desktop / application. Or you could demo on one PC and do a screen capture to a VT? something like iVGA I guess.
    Carlin Comm
    BlueStar Productions
    carlincomm.com

better question is why don't we have the real thing since the actual product was suposedly debued last week. Why are we still wanting to see a demo of it?
    Dispite popular belief, Digital does not mean quality.

Newbie Member

Has there been any progress?

I noticed that this particular thread seems to have started on 10-24-2006. I've been a big Newtek supporter coming from my Amiga background and watching the company grow and mature.

I never actual had the opportunity to get into video editing myself until that last 5 years and the home use products are very limiting.(Pinacle Studio, Ulead Video Studio, etc.) Speededit looks phenomenal and I'd really just like a change to try it out before I outlay any money.

I understand that the problem has been a licensing issue with certain 3rd party codecs. Has there been any progress on negotiating a demo with them since 2006?

Thank you. If I was able to demo SpeedEdit, besides using it to edit my wife's Elementary productions and home video, I was hoping to demo it to our graphics departments here at our two main technical centers and try to get them to use it as their primary editor.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast