Thread: SpeedEDIT deal for VT[5] upgrade still going?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

SpeedEDIT deal for VT[5] upgrade still going?

Since neither SpeedEDIT nor the VT[5] upgrade have been released yet, is NewTek still offering the inclusion of SpeedEDIT standalone with the VT upgrade? This was a great deal and it will no doubt generate sales -- it certainly would secure mine...!

Thanks,
    Stivan
    << Nothing is true, everything is permitted >>

DaVinci Resolve, Fusion, Generation, LightWave, ChronoSculpt, NevronMotion, REDcine-X Pro,
    Nuendo, messiahStudio Pro 5, VT[4] v4.6, SpeedEDIT 2...

In North America there was talk of there being a hard and fast deadline. Anyway, in Europe ( newtek-europe.com ) there is some ambiguity but the VT[4] version 4.6c upgrade is listed as providing:

1. VT[5] Upgrade
    2. SpeedEDIT

As
    a. VT[5] comes with SpeedEDIT-VT
    b. It would be a redundant statement if SpeedEDIT wasn't provided separately if VT[5] came with SpeedEDIT-VT?
    c. If SpeedEDIT was a short form to describe what is actually SpeedEDIT-VT
    then this would be a poor trick to play given that the North American deal was quite explicitly VT[5] with a free seat of SpeedEDIT. Presuming some lack of clarity in the material shared between parties either side of the pond?

So I would either ask NewTek-Europe or one of their licensed dealers. If you are not in Europe then try to run this past them. It seems likely that the deal is still open for the extra seat of SpeedEDIT.

VTKnowledge has the $895 VT[5]+LW9 listed with an extra seat of SpeedEDIT thrown in with no time restriction:
    http://www.vtknowledge.com/index.php...item&previd=94
    yet they have the $499 VT[4] to [5] upgrade preorder showing nothing with regard to the extra seat of SpeedEDIT.

Whilst only the LW9 and (NTSC) content options are shipping - this may be the best time to ask if you can still qualify for this "futures" product suite?

QUOTE:
    ----------------
    VIDEO TOASTER® Upgrades & Options

DESCRIPTION
    RRP Ex. VAT

VT[4.6] Software Upgrade with LightWave® [8.5] including:
    - FREE VT[5]™ Software Upgrade including SpeedEDIT™*
    *When available
    Software upgrade to Video Toaster [4.6] from any earlier VT™ version.
    995 €

VT[4.6] Software Upgrade with LightWave® [7.5] including:
    - FREE VT[5]™ Software Upgrade including SpeedEDIT™*
    *When available
    Software upgrade to Video Toaster [4.6] from any earlier VT™ version.

KHAA..huh? Dropped Call? Sledgehammer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Liber777
    Since neither SpeedEDIT nor the VT[5] upgrade have been released yet, is NewTek still offering the inclusion of SpeedEDIT standalone with the VT upgrade? This was a great deal and it will no doubt generate sales -- it certainly would secure mine...!

Thanks,
    Stivan
    No, Stivan, that special has expired. Unless NewTek is starting it back up again.

If they do, I'll send them my money now, because SpeedEDIT on a laptop included in the upgrade price is too good of a deal to pass up. If not, then I guess I'll wait and see if VT[5] makes sense for me in the near future.

...Stivan!
    << Nothing is true, everything is permitted >>

DaVinci Resolve, Fusion, Generation, LightWave, ChronoSculpt, NevronMotion, REDcine-X Pro,
    Nuendo, messiahStudio Pro 5, VT[4] v4.6, SpeedEDIT 2...

Quote Originally Posted by Liber777
    If they do, I'll send them my money now, because SpeedEDIT on a laptop included in the upgrade price is too good of a deal to pass up.

...Stivan!
    You're right, which is why I pre-ordered VT5 in June when the offer was still effective. If you think the deal is too good, I cant help but wonder why you didn't order it too?

Tony