Thread: Additional copy of educational version?

Newbie Member

Additional copy of educational version?

Hi,

Does anyone know if it's okay to own two versions of Educational Lightwave? I bought version 8 awhile ago but never got around to learning it. I recently bought a MacPro and it has renewed my interest in learning Lightwave beyond my current knowledge. I want to get version 9 when the UB comes out (I'm currently running 8.5 in bootcamp) but want to keep 8 on my old laptop. I suppose I could just pay for the educational upgrade, but I like the idea of having separate dongles instead of swapping them back and forth and dealing with licensing issues.

I'm a full time student, so I qualify for the educational version. I'm just concerned that if I were to buy version 9 and try to register it, I would get an error message saying that I can't have two registered educational versions of Lightwave. If anyone knows how that works... or can provide a link to the information, I would appreciate it.
    Last edited by Largemedium; 10-21-2006 at 06:33 PM.

Seems like you should be able to. I don't know why NewTek would want to stop you or how they would enforce such a rule.