Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The coolest interface ever!

The coolest interface ever!

The coolest interface ever!

LOOK AT THIS WAY OF WORKING. NEWTEK, THIS SHOULD BE INSIDE LIGHTWAVE, SO EASY SO COOL AND FUN. NOT ON A BOARD LIKE THIS, BUT INSIDE LAYOUT INTERFACE IN LIGHTWAVE WITH A TABLET OR MOUSE.

HOW COOL IS THIS? THE COOLEST EVER IN MY OPINION! LOOK AT THAT CAR GO DOWN THERE AFTER 20SECONDS OF SETTING UP THE SCENE... LOOK AT HOW EASY THIS WAS TO SET UP... HA HA.... SUPERNICE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZNTgglPbUA&eurl=

Yours PAL
    pal

ooohhh....

...that is one of the best feedbacks on somthing that I really think is that cool... The superbest reply in a thread like this EVER! Thanx! Well I do not really know, I just thought it was awsome I guess... orggghhh..... whatever!

Yours PAL
    pal

nevermind the CAPS....this is coool!...waaay cool..sorta like sketchup for dynamic simulations!

thanks for posting it up!
    stee+cat
    http://www.cresshead.com/

Q - How many polys?
    A - All of them!

Quote Originally Posted by palpal
    ...that is one of the best feedbacks on somthing that I really think is that cool... The superbest reply in a thread like this EVER! Thanx! Well I do not really know, I just thought it was awsome I guess... orggghhh..... whatever!

Yours PAL

CAPS is considered shouting. Shouting is rude. Don't shout.

And bleh, the tech is interesting but doesn't seem very practical.

ok...

I think the easy set-up is the coolest here! so clever in my mind! The collisions and so on were done on a commodore64 alot of years ago also, so that is not that impressive... but really cool anyway!

If I were to set-up animations like that in 3d with all the power within lightwave it would be superblasting! That is my point only!

AND SORRY FOR OFFENDING YOU ALL BY BEEING SO RUDE HERE! I AM REALLY TIERD OF THESE NERDISH FEEDBACKS... REALLY... HELLO... WHAT IS RUDE WITH THAT POST... AND WAS THAT THE POINT WITH MY POST? TO BE RUDE... COME ON, STOP GOING OFF TRACK... JUST IGNORE IT IF IT WAS SO TERRIBLE OF ME... MAN I JUST WANTED TO POST SOMETHING I THOUGHT WERE COOL FOR YOU ALL TO HAVE A LOOK AT... pphhuuu.....

yours PAL
    pal

Thanks for this impressive link.
    Eddy Marillat - PIXYM
    WS : MB ASUS X299-Pro/SE - i9 7980XE 2,6ghz 18C/36T - 32GB Ram- 2 GTX 1080 TI - Win 10 64
    GPU Net Rig : MB Biostar - Celeron 2,8 ghz 2C/2T - 8GB Ram - 2 RTX 2080 TI - Win 7 64

While I find it cute its just as he said justthe beginnings. It is aloooonnnngggggg way from something that I would ever consider using. Simple> yeah, sure. But thats the problem its to simple. Ot relies on symbology to make it work. So for something as complex as LW how many hundreds of symbols would I have to memorize toget it to work. Well, you say you would not have to remember them becuase theres always that background gui he does not work in but does show, in which case how was it reallt that different that what already exisits? Not that I'm saying its not cool, becuase it is. Its just not something I would want to do serious work in at its current state.
    Tim - aurora - Dunn
    WorkStation: AMD64 2x2.8 Ghz / 8gb RAM / Win7-64bit / NVidia GTX 560 Ti

Laptop: Intel i7 8x2Ghz / 16 Gb Ram / WIn7-64bit / GeForce 540M (8.17.12.6780)

Quote Originally Posted by palpal
    I AM REALLY TIERD OF THESE NERDISH FEEDBACKS... REALLY... HELLO... WHAT IS RUDE WITH THAT POST...
    LOL I AGREE

Thats pretty cool!
    Some sort of fancy i7 with other stupendous hardware and copious amounts of ram

I should update my Avatar Verlon's Avatar
    It looks interesting, but it looks like something that is still early in development. Also, note that we only saw 2 dimensional movement in that.

Still, I hope the technology develops nicely.
    Verlon Smith

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4i3XnbEKBw&feature=plcp - shameless prommotion for my daughter's horror (by 4 year old standards) story.

If I drew Jennifer Connelly holding a telelphone and I wrote my number right beside it, would she call me?

shouting is not rude...or maybe it is...shouting depends on the situation...i wouldn't call it rude to shout out in the street if someone's house was on fire and i was trying to wake them up...however i woudl call it rude if i was just in a drunken stuper...sigging at the top of my voice out in the street late at night...

re this post...was very cool and 'shouting' didn't offend me...
    stee+cat
    http://www.cresshead.com/

Q - How many polys?
    A - All of them!

Now that I have seen it, that is pretty nifty. It would be a real time saver!
    3d is the next step.
    shrox www.shrox.com
    -----------------------
    Heavy Metal Landing

-----------------------
    I build the best spaceships, the biggest spaceships, they're great, you'll love them.

Yeahhh

I would use something like this all the time to get a good starting point of a scene set-up. I think something like this is just the coolest I have seen... It should be like this. Then one could add harder stuff in a more advanced way later in the process... I got a real kick out of this one, I just simly love the idea of something like that!

Aurora: Hundreds of symbols? Why... if you could just drag and drop a simple "text frase" and drop it at an object or the pivitpoint of an object , from a large list of complex functions you can choose from ...it would be supernice. Please see the potential here, I do not find the video that amazing in the way that this is the only way to do something like that... It is just a simple good draft and idea for a more advanced set of functions and scenes. It is the idea I love. How to execute the idea in something like lightwave one have to sit down and get working... the idea and the simple simple way of doing that just blew me away.

yours PAL
    Last edited by palpal; 10-06-2006 at 09:24 AM.
    pal

It's cute. I'd pay $5 for a video game that would do that. But it's not anything close to usable for 3D, even after development. The interface is simple because what it does is simple. It's only 2d, it only makes approximate representations of what he draws, it can only make a select number of dynamic objects which have to be symbolically represented. If it did something more complicated it would need a more complicated interface. Not to knock the post, it is interesting afterall.
    Friends come and go, but enemies accumulate.

Cool demo, thanks for posting. However, looks like it's only taking 2D input and making its own mapping to 3D. E.g., does a circle mean a sphere or a cylinder? If a rectangle is a block, how deep is it? Etc., you see my point. It's cool because it's easy, and I can see it applied in whiteboard collaboration products; but to appeal to LW type markets, it'll have to add a way to accept 3D information.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast