Thread: What a MEL!!

Newbie Member

What a MEL!!

I wish that Lightwave have somthing like this in the future

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthre...hreadid=406752

hehe

That was impressive. What a thing to wake up to...

Newbie Member
    yeah .. and that guy is very talented

let me say it again
    I wish that we can do like this in LW

Nice stuff! I think alot of that could be done in Lightwave with Expressions and such. I am only guessing though as I have not explored much of that stuff in Lightwave yet.
    Threadripper 2990WX, X399 MSI MEG Creation, 64GB 2400Mhz RAM, GTX 1070 Ti 8GB

https://www.dynamicrenderings.com/

Quote Originally Posted by nj3Design
    Nice stuff! I think alot of that could be done in Lightwave with Expressions and such. I am only guessing though as I have not explored much of that stuff in Lightwave yet.
    Na, not really. You'd have to do it more or less in LScript and it still wouldn't be as flexible. MEL goes much deeper. Things like creating entire object hierarchies on the fly or creating weightmaps cannot be done in a program like LW due to the inability of using modeling operations in Layout. They involve many extra steps which in turn means multiple scripts that do not interact. I guess if ever, we won't be able to get such functionalities before LW 10.5 or something like that.

Mylenium
    [Pour Mylène, ange sur terre]

I did similar things in messiah with ease.
    In messiah its possible cause expressions are in a form of a programming language with the ability to set the order of execution.
    Additionally, in messiah there is no need to activate FSPE, IK/FK ON/OFF, World Coordinates and all these @#%$%^ switches that LW has.
    In messiah, while you preview an animation running, you make changes and you see instant feeback.
    You can disable/enable expressions, add/delete expressions, modify expressions, reorder expressions, while you see/debug the animation. Impossible in LW.
    I agree (once more) with Myllenium.

LW needs a serious demolition and redevelopment in order to provide such abilities.
    There are so many things weak in LW, I wish by the time they will be developed, (IF), it wont be late.
    Last edited by Panikos; 09-23-2006 at 07:54 AM.

Newbie Member
    mmm.. that will be in lightwave 12

so bad that everyday we hear more weakness in Lightwave

Panikos : Messiah .. I was going to learn it, but I didn't for some reasons one of them its too boring that you model and animate in another software.
    can Newtek buy PMG Messiah please..

Fori & Dan used to work for Newtek.
    They left, they werent kicked out.