Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where can I find the archive of NewTek's original forum?

What happened to the original forum!?

Uh, I thought you guys were going to leave the old forum up as an archive?
    I cant seem to find it now!

They still exist, but are hard to find:

Link to old NewTek Forums
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Thanks Steve!

I didnt have 'forums' in front of newtek.com!

Yeah, thank you Steve, I was wondering what happened to old forums, I still have a lot to learn from there.

And for NewTek guys: I hope you'll not delete'em, right?
    They say nothing is impossible, yet I do nothing...

...better yet! Pay someone (a young newbie peon whos jonesin for anything LW and will work for nothing! ) to scour the entire archive and rework everything into tutorials, tips, FAQs.....

We plan to keep the old forums as an archive. We will trim out duplicated material and obsolete or incorrect information, but that will likely take place over a lengthy period of time. We'll most certainly also harvest FAQ entries and Tips and Tricks, have things worked into tutorials, etc.
    Chuck Baker
    Senior Manager of Communications
    NewTek, Inc., Vizrt Group
    NewTek.com
    LightWave3D.com
    NewTek USA Facebook
    Twitter
    LinkedIn
    Software Developer's Dilemma: The better the new feature, the more feature requests it will generate. - C. Baker
    Please note that any statements regarding future product development are forward looking and subject to change without notice.

a PDF or HTML tutorials of that lot could fill a book! It would be a GREAT resouce!
    UI / UX Designer @ NewTek

Question Speakin' of old forum...

It seems that the old forum is not the only thing thats hard to find. Where is everyone? It's almost like the home planet was destroyed, scattering the survivors throughout the galaxy/web. Are we even close to the old number of members from the old forum or did they just scatter to other sites? Just curious because I am seeing no-where near the volume of posts and information that I have come to enjoy and learn from. Really dishartening if you ask me Does the download time per thread have anything to do with it
    "...and in the morning, I'm makin' waffles!" -Donkey-

yeah, i bet they just went back to cgtalk, cgchannel...all of the other forums that are EXACTLY like this one now...
    ..i really miss the old simple one.
    I hope they return...because this is slim pickins!

Actually the rate of posting is more than equal to the previous board, though for the first week or so the discussion has been more about the board itself and the new web site as people settle into something new and different. So far I've seen all the folks who posted regularly from the old boards show up here, and a lot of folks who did not used to use the NewTek forum are now visiting and posting regularly, including quite a few folks from CGTalk, etc.

Signups are going at more than a hundred a day, and we are now over 1900 members on this board. We can also track visitors who aren't signed up, and there are always quite a few of those connected when I check the front board. The answer to where did everybody go seems to be that they are coming here in droves.
    Chuck Baker
    NewTek.com
    LightWave3D.com
    NewTek USA Facebook
    Twitter
    LinkedIn
    Software Developer's Dilemma: The better the new feature, the more feature requests it will generate. - C. Baker
    Please note that any statements regarding future product development are forward looking and subject to change without notice.

Thanks for the info Chuck. Obviously you have a better overview and are privy to the action on the board that I am not. It's nice to hear that we do have a strong foundation of members. Maybe I just need a bit more patience as people warm-up to the forum and start posting more. What was that line ... "If you build it they will come" or am I thinking... "patience young grasshopper". At any rate, I was spoiled with 100+ emails a day from the old forum, chock full of info and some great "wit". I look forward to the resurgence
    "...and in the morning, I'm makin' waffles!" -Donkey-

Thanks Chuck,

Why not also list at the top of the page, next to whos online, and # of members -.."# of visitors today, # of posters today?

...or is that a Vbulliten thing that you guys have no control of?

Hi, Banshee! Hi, Howard!

Actually, you are able to see the info I was discussing. When you arrive at:

http://vbulletin.newtek.com

look at the top of the page, on the left just above the list of forums. You'll see the number of members, now 2154 at this writing, the number of threads, and the number of posts, as well as the name of the newest member.

The number and full list of usernames of registered folks who are browsing the board at the current time, and how many unregistered folks are browsing, is at the bottom of the list of forums.

I always check these when I first get to the board.
    Chuck Baker
    NewTek.com
    LightWave3D.com
    NewTek USA Facebook
    Twitter
    LinkedIn

I never got around to mentioning, one of the things I like most about this new forum is that it knows the last time I've checked in.

Even when I check in on another computer, it only indicates the new posts, so I don't have to calculate what time I last checked in at work or home.
    Thanks a bunch!!!
    Ted R. Ruiz Sr.
    Ad-Venture Video Productions
    Elite NewTek Dealer
    www.editbay.tv
    TriCasters, Most All Models
    Cameras-Mostly HVX 200's

Why is this thread 'sticky' and what does that mean!?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast